• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Meditation question

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 93

I have a question geared to others who do visualizations and guided imagery. I do not know if this a lack of practice or what. I do well smelling, hearing, feeling, the sight only so so. I am finding it rather annoying now about the sight part aside from all my practice. I can only seem to clearly see the left hand side of my field of "sight". I for the life of me can barely spit a half ass tree on the right if any thing. Is this a normal quirk? Any tips? Any others experiences on this? Just seems like my relaxations are turning into exercise.

Hi Veilid,
I had started daily meditation with visualization of pleasant images relatively recently, so my opinion is not the one of the expert.
I "see" the images rather as fragments, and can not make the whole picture and imagine myself in it. The exception is when I am almost falling asleep, I can actually see what I want. So maybe it is normal in the beginning.
Agree that the relaxation practice is much like an exercise. Well, it is something very difficult if you can not relax!:rolleyes:

LOL... yeah. I have been doing it over a year so I expected to be better... for some reason it never really did not stick out at me until recently. I have been trying to "pan around" to the left hoping eventually I will get the whole 360, but no luck yet. Just funny now it bugs me.

Glad you are trying this route, it can be really nice once you give into it.

You both are lucky to *see* what you do. I have tried this and I couldn't see a leaf, never mind a half a tree. I consider that remarkable. I just can't stop my mind long enough to see anything other than *blurs*

You have to do it everyday and don't stop doing it every day until you can come up with a anything you need to in your head. It takes doing it often to have sight really to see anything!

You can do it...I would try laying down if you do not already. I would also try very low nature like sound tracks....they seem to help a bit.

Geneva

Did I mention that I have absolutley no patience for some things either. LOL!!!!! I can't sit long enough either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back