• All donations and upgrades are manually verified and approved within 24hrs.
  • Upgrades are ongoing. Learn how to save your bookmarked posts.

Memory flashes

Thread starter #1
I went for my mile walk listening to music and all of a sudden I started having memories flash in my mind. Not all bad but not all good either. Remembering my kids grandma on their dads side. All the guys I have been with and not been with. I don't understand why this is happening.
I started HRT since I'm menopausal and I was having flashbacks that were upsetting.

Hormone replacement therapy
Thanks.

I went for my mile walk listening to music and all of a sudden I started having memories flash in my mind. Not all bad but not all good either. Remembering my kids grandma on their dads side. All the guys I have been with and not been with. I don't understand why this is happening.
I started HRT since I'm menopausal and I was having flashbacks that were upsetting.
I m sorry this is happening to you. It could well be related to the HRT. Im no expert, but I can say I had HRT and am all the way through menopause and it is a relief to be here! Are you drinking enough water?

Thread starter #5
I m sorry this is happening to you. It could well be related to the HRT. Im no expert, but I can say I had HRT and am all the way through menopause and it is a relief to be here! Are you drinking enough water?
I do drink around 67 ounces a day. And I'm sorry my post was so weird I think. I did talk to my therapist this morning and a lot probably can be due to the hormones. I am through most of menopause. But I was having some major flashbacks that weren't easy to handle so they put me on the hormone replacement therapy. Getting memories back, even good ones, feels weird.

Yes, it can. Usually when I get memories to come back, something jars them loose from the depths of my mind. Something that's happening now. It's amazing how that works. I had a memory that came to the surface from maybe fifty eight years ago. I had not thought of it much if at all since then. By the way, welcome to the Forum here.

Cntrymom, what kind of music were you listening to during your walk, and was it music from back in the day or was it newer music?

The reason I ask is that maybe the music you were listening to reminded you of some experiences you had in your past.

For example, with me, if I hear a song from 1993, the worst year of my life, it can remind me and get me to think about traumatic experiences that I had that year.

Top Bottom