• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Might get Trauma therapy after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

notdoneyet

Learning
Well I got a surprising call from the guy I had the first appointment for my trauma therapy with, didn't expect the therapist himself to call me.

Turns out apparently the info that was passed along wasn't correct, gotta love the system lmao

In short I got told that the therapy isn't off the table although he doesn't see my general situation rn as fit for such a therapy, but that he'd like to see me again in 2-3 months and that the time will be taken off my waiting time which is a big thing for me.

So uhm.

Rn I'll have to find a decent therapist who'll put me on their waiting list (I only have a psychiatrist atm) but I think it just shows that that hospital ACTUALLY seems to care about their patients getting good aftercare so I honestly don't mind.

Just so excited rn I didn't expect things to take a turn like that!

i don't believe i've ever seen a clinic or hospital --physical or mental-- who makes it a goal to treat their patients badly. that tragic impression typically grows from too many patients and not enough resources. it gives me a genuine thrill to witness those happy moments when it all comes together for the greater good.

steadying support while you make the most of this magic moment.
healing hopes for all. no exceptions.

First of all tysm @arfie
i don't believe i've ever seen a clinic or hospital --physical or mental-- who makes it a goal to treat their patients badly.
Maybe not the hospital or the majority of the staff, but a "idgaf about the patients" person in a higher position and yeah I think yk what I mean.

I've had a lot of bad experiences with doctors and therapists who didn't care to even once try and change their perspective on things (eg a patient being unresponsive due to a dissociative episode doing that on purpose because "I am a doctor I know better") and therefore getting treated like I've done something wrong on purpose even tho I was actually struggling really bad.

a dominant symptom within my own ptsd case file is misreading social cues, protocols, etc., etc. perhaps the many, many professionals who have failed to cure me on my long, hard recovery earnestly deserve every mean and/or clever disparagement i have ever thrown at them, butttttttttaaaaa. . . leaving that as not mine to sort and keeping my focus on strictly personal recovery has carried more healing mojo than i have words to say. i also believe that suspending my judgements of "the establishment" allowed me to make far better use of the pros i finally did connect with.

keep your eye on the prize, notdoneyet. you just scored, big. celebrate.

a dominant symptom within my own ptsd case file is misreading social cues, protocols, etc., etc. perhaps the many, many professionals who have failed to cure me on my long, hard recovery earnestly deserve every mean and/or clever disparagement i have ever thrown at them, butttttttttaaaaa. . . leaving that as not mine to sort and keeping my focus on strictly personal recovery has carried more healing mojo than i have words to say. i also believe that suspending my judgements of "the establishment" allowed me to make far better use of the pros i finally did connect with.

keep your eye on the prize, notdoneyet. you just scored, big. celebrate.
Dw I AM celebrating I just wanted to explain why I am actually astounded by a therapist trying to help a patient hahaha

And that's a pretty good way you have to deal with stuff like that, but sadly I am a very avid overthinker and can't rest my damn head until I made sense of something, working on that (failing so far)

but sadly I am a very avid overthinker and can't rest my damn head until I made sense of something, working on that (failing so far)
r

overthinking is another dominant symptom for me, as well and am also still working on that. however, i no longer believe the fact that i continue overthinking is a failure. my awareness and skill with the therapy tools continues growing. progress over perfection. recovery is not a pass/fail college course.

I don’t know where you live or what the situation is with getting treatment, but I suggest spreading a wide net and reaching out to multiple therapists at the same time given that it’s hard to get into therapy.

progress over perfection. recovery is not a pass/fail college course.
Trying to get that into my head too, I'm great at telling others the exact same thing "it's progress and that's what counts!" but still struggling to accept that my progress is "good enough" too haha.
I suggest spreading a wide net and reaching out to multiple therapists at the same time given that it’s hard to get into therapy.
I have thank god some resources for that, trying to get and accept every help available and I'm pretty open to try everything at least once.

Trying to get that into my head too, I'm great at telling others the exact same thing "it's progress and that's what counts!" but still struggling to accept that my progress is "good enough" too haha.

ditto here. it was really myself i was nagging when i reminded you. i especially need the reminder today. nag, nag. . .
what a long, strange trip it's been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back