• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Minceymeatpie's Mental Imagery

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an imaginery journey down a road. Take in the sights, sounds and colours, just like a video camera recording all that lies surrounding you. Survey the scene, noticing whatis far off in the distance, the background surrounds, the weather, the season and a total image of what you view. Feel the ground beneath your feet. Try to visualize it as a picture on a canvas, but with movement, sound, colour and emotion. You are the surveyor on this journey. Draw your journey on paper if you desire, as it often shows clearer results, then attach your drawing via snapshot or scan to your post.

Q1. What colour is the road? The road is grey.
Q2. What texture is the road? Rough, tarred with potholes
Q3. How solid is the road? Solid but with potholes and cracks.

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river? In a rowboat that creaks as I paddle across.
Q5. What does the water look like? Crystal clear.
Q6. How fast is the water current? Slow with a gentle current.
Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what? Fish swimming around.

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house? White walls, red roof
Q9. What condition is the house in? Excellent condition, looks like a mansion
Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who? No.

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup? Brown, made of wood.
Q12. What condition is the cup in? Cracked
Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what? No, it lays on its side

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail? A wall with barbed wire on the top. This is a dead-end.
Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle? I can't see beyond it. But the sky overhead is clear blue with clouds.

Q1. What colour is the road?
The road is grey. I guess because that's the colour of roads. I'm not really sure there is another reason.

Q2. What texture is the road?
Rough, tarred with potholes. I think I decided on this because I figure the road of my life is far from perfect...

Q3. How solid is the road? Solid but with potholes and cracks. Again my way of thinking is that roads must be hard and firm by nature.

Q4. How do you cross the river?
In a rowboat that creaks as I paddle across. Being in a boat always makes me feel somewhat peaceful. In the middle of the ocean or lake or river with not a soul else around and the peaceful creaking of wood and splash of water. It's the only place I have ever felt at peace.

Q5. What does the water look like? Crystal clear. I think it again has to do with the idea of peace and purity and cleanliness. Maybe if I took a swim in it I would emerge whole.

Q6. How fast is the water current? Slow with a gentle current. It's not the kind of current you have to battle against, just a smooth easy one you can go along with safely or row against with little difficulty. Kinda how I wish life would be.

Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what?
Fish swimming around. The only life-form in my mental image are the fish. I'm not sure what that means.

Q8. What colour is the house? White walls, red roof. I always think of this as the utopian landscape. A little red-roofed house with whitewashed walls, unblemished. It makes me feel sad actually. I end up wondering if the outside matches the inside.

Q9. What condition is the house in? Excellent condition, looks like a mansion. But the inside might not be as wonderful. Like my own home.

Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who? No. It is empty but it has borne a lot of witness to a lot of madness. Now it just stands there like a stark reminder of days past.

Q11. What colour is the cup? Brown, made of wood. Sturdy but not indestructible. I think I am the cup.

Q12. What condition is the cup in? Cracked. But not shattered...

Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what? No, it lays on its side. Why would a cup be standing upright in the middle of nowhere?

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail? A wall with barbed wire on the top. This is a dead-end. I guess I tried to picture the biggest obstacle I could think of and since nothing would end the road more completely than something impassable, this was it. I do think of my life as a dead-end sometimes.

Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle? I can't see beyond it. But the sky overhead is clear blue with clouds. I can't see beyond the past sometimes. But if I try hard I can still see some beauty.

You feel confused about life, likely due to it being so difficult for you at present. Your not trusting within intimacy, though do enjoy taking your time and find enjoyment when within an intimate relationship. You certainly do see though that sex is fun, but has its price. You demonstrate an innocent idealism, naivety even regarding your support systems, believing they are good / have been good, or atleast so you want others to think, though is certainly reflective towards your poor self esteem. You have been depreciated in commitment, victimized for a better term, though show no commitment towards anyone or anything other than current commitments. You keep your feelings very much inside you, guarded even, likely due to feeling vunerable releasing them, scared even, which you struggle to see past for the future getting better at this time.

Your not trusting within intimacy, though do enjoy taking your time and find enjoyment when within an intimate relationship. You certainly do see though that sex is fun, but has its price. You demonstrate an innocent idealism, naivety even regarding your support systems, believing they are good / have been good, or atleast so you want others to think

Interesting since I have never been within an intimate relationship, have never had sex (at least not to my recall), don't really want to and certainly don't think of it as fun... as for my support systems they are fairly non-existent at present and have seldom been good.

Guess if this works for others it doesn't for me. Thanks anyhows I appreciate your spending the time.

This is not a reflection of your life, it is a reflection of your subconscious. Big difference. It is a reflection of what is at your subconscious level, nothing more. If your a virgin, that does not change your subconscious state regarding your desireds towards sexual intimacy within the future. From what your demonstrated through at your subconscious, I would say you maybe tell people your support has been fine, when you know it hasn't. Maybe to avoid questions, maybe to just change topic....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back