• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Mind Blowing - Work Colleague Also Has PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

MyPTSD Pro
I just received an email from a co-worker at another branch. He's come to my branch to cover before when needed and we've chatted quite a bit and he's just a nice guy. I knew he was trying to get onto medical disability (a long, drawn out process in the states!) but had forgotten why. His email told me that he had received 50% of his disability for PTSD.

Well, I just about fell out of my chair when I read that. I called him to congratulate him and then tell him that I had been diagnosed with PTSD as well. We talked for a few minutes and then he had to a customer walk in and had to go. But he said we'll be talking in the future.

This is the first 'live' person that I've spoken with that has PTSD since my diagnosis. And the fact that it's someone I know and like...it just blew my mind and I almost cried when I got off the phone. I feel even less alone in this now.

Glad you found someone who can relate. It helps. When they show up... tapping my foot waiting on my bud who is looks like he is going to be a no show. Man he pisses me off when he does that.

Marlene, congrats! Really, I think it's rare, because I have yet to meet someone else (live person) and I'm not exactly hush hush about my diagnosis. Now you have a friend to chat with , that is worth more than gold.

Great stuff marlene. Direct support from someone you know face to face with PTSD is the best support. As long as you don't fuel one another in a negative sense, only good can come from mutual support to move forward. Good for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back