• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Misdirected Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBigFoot

Policy Enforcement
I’m having a weird symptom that is not totally unusual for me but I want to know if others deal with this and if there’s a term for it so when I’m talking to my therapist I can describe what’s happening in a more succinct way.

Once in awhile, okay like every couple months or more frequently, I will have feelings of pure rage and anger and sadness and just this big ball of every emotion wrapped in one and it’s typically triggered by some situation I’m in and so I can track better what caused it and why.

But this time I’m feeling that intense bubble, but it has nothing to do with me. Not even about a person I know personally. It’s literally that theres a pseudo celebrity who is generally not liked by the public, specifically by a limited group of people I follow. I don’t know them personally either, but I’m talking about a content creator on YouTube and their following of frequent commenters on their video. This creator does reaction videos about this celebrity and others. I have been following them for about a year or so and have a lot of respect for them, I also don’t mind it at all when he gets critical of other celebrities.

But this particular celeb has made some bad choices in the past and that seems to have colored everyone’s opinion from then on and can’t seem to gain any kind of respect or traction. And that pisses me off to no end. And I can’t grasp why. Every time this group is even the tiniest bit critical about him I want to scream at them and defend him and cry and just rage. I have to stop watching those reaction videos because the intensity of the anger is just too much.

Why am I reacting so strongly to someone I don’t know, about people’s opinions I don’t know, and what’s more is this celeb probably has no idea this creator or is channel even exists let alone is affected by it so why the hell am I?

Ugh, anyone else feel the great big ball of rage over something that has zero to do with you?

Ugh, anyone else feel the great big ball of rage over something that has zero to do with you?
For sure.

However?

has made some bad choices in the past and that seems to have colored everyone’s opinion from then on and can’t seem to gain any kind of respect or traction.
^^^ Does this hit close to home, at all? ^^^

AKA it actually has nothing to do with other person, and has everything to do with you, and how you perceive others think of you &/or how hey actually treat you?

If not, no worries! It’s such a specific way of describing the situation I’d be surprised to find out that doesn’t it describe your own life. Either exactly, or the opposite; if it represents what you fear could have happened, or might still happen, instead of what did.

Last edited:
For sure.

However?

^^^ Does this hit close to home, at all? ^^^

AKA it actually has nothing to do with other person, and has everything to do with you, and how you perceive others think of you &/or how hey actually treat you?

If not, no worries! It’s such a specific way of describing the situation I’d be surprised to find out that doesn’t it describe your own life. Either exactly, or the opposite; if it represents what you fear could have happened, or might still happen, instead of what did.

Honestly, ya it does describe a few situations I’ve been in or at least my perception of those situations. I feel so helpless and angry in those times and wish someone was angry with/for me. I need to have a think about this.

Great post.
I felt same thing for you...her loss of control in the narrative tapped your own any unconscious helplessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back