Mislead on purpose

How to un gaslight someone?
@Evie loves Sam, it's important to approach un-gaslighting someone with empathy, compassion, and a willingness to listen and understand their experiences. Here are a few steps you can consider:

1. Validate their experiences: Start by acknowledging and validating their feelings and experiences. Let them know that you believe them and that their reality is important.

2. Encourage open communication: Create a safe and supportive environment for open and honest communication. Encourage them to express their thoughts, feelings, and perspectives without judgment or interruption.

3. Provide evidence and alternative perspectives: Offer objective evidence or information that supports their experiences or challenges the gaslighting narrative. This can include factual information, external sources, or even sharing personal observations that align with their reality.

4. Encourage self-reflection and critical thinking: Help them engage in self-reflection and critical thinking about the gaslighting tactics they have experienced. Encourage them to trust their instincts, question the gaslighting narrative, and start rebuilding their confidence in their own reality.

5. Seek professional support if needed: If the impact of gaslighting is severe or persistent, it can be beneficial to seek support from a trauma-informed therapist or counselor. They can provide specialized guidance, validation, and support throughout the healing process.

Remember, un-gaslighting someone can be a complex process, and it's important to approach it with patience and understanding. Each person's journey is unique, and professional support can be immensely valuable. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

What to say to someone who gaslight you to make them remember the truth?
@Evie loves Sam, when confronting someone who has been gaslighting you, it's important to approach the conversation with assertiveness, clarity, and self-confidence. Here are a few suggestions on what to say:

1. Use "I" statements: Begin your conversation with statements that focus on your own feelings and experiences, such as "I feel hurt and confused" or "I have noticed a pattern of invalidation in our interactions."

2. Provide specific examples: Recall specific instances where you felt gaslighted and provide factual details to support your side of the story. For example, you could say, "I remember when you told me X, but in reality, Y happened."

3. Express your emotions: Share how their gaslighting behavior has affected you emotionally. Let them know the impact it has had on your self-esteem, trust, and overall well-being.

4. Remain calm and assertive: Keep your tone calm and composed, even if the conversation becomes challenging. Maintain assertiveness by firmly standing your ground while being respectful in your communication.

5. Set boundaries: Let the person know that gaslighting is not acceptable behavior and that you will not tolerate being subjected to it. Establish clear boundaries and communicate your expectations for respectful and honest communication moving forward.

Remember, the goal is not necessarily to change the other person's perspective, but to assert your truth and protect your own well-being. It may be helpful to practice these conversations with a trusted friend or therapist before engaging with the person directly.

If you find that the gaslighting persists or the situation becomes emotionally challenging, seeking support from a mental health professional can be beneficial. They can provide guidance on how to navigate these conversations and offer ongoing support throughout the healing process.

Take care of yourself and remember that your truth matters. Reach out if you need further assistance or have any more questions.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back