• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Missing My Therapist

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyPTSD Pro
I'm fighting to get my insurance to pay for my therapist. Therefore, I haven't seen her in about 3 weeks and I'm struggling. I'm depressed. I'm also anxious about a test I have tomorrow, what if I'm too depressed to take it or do well? I had to fight really hard not to hurt myself last night. I feel like I deserve pain. I need someone to tell me I don't but I don't have my t. :(

HI 8888,
I'm sorry for your struggles and am glad that you are fighting against hurting yourself. It sounds like the test you have is an additional stressor, but know first that no one deserves pain. No one. That includes you. Even if you do not believe it, it's true.
I hope you can find some time to do some good things for yourself today and that you can get through the test tomorrow.
I know having the T appointments helps us to balance things out, but try to rely on your inner strength
Hugs,

I need someone to tell me I don't but I don't have my t
How long have you been working with this T? If it's been a reasonable length of time then can you try and draw on your experience with her and on what you would expect her to say to you in this time? What might she be suggesting to you? What has she discussed with you in the past in response to similar things? Sometimes when I'm on a break from T for some reason and hit a sticking point, I find that taking some time to imagine what she would say in response to my speaking to her to be helpful.

Is your T aware of the problems with your insurance?

How long have you been working with this T? If it's been a reasonable length of time then can you try an...
I've only been with this t for 4 months. T knows there is insurance problems, the counseling center has sent an appeal to the insurance company. Insurance hasn't payed a penny for any of the sessions.

That's really tough but I agree with @digger . 4 months isn't very long, but between reaching inside yourself for strength you didn't know was there, and imagining what your therapist would say if you asked her directly would probably help.

Each day that goes by is one more day of victory. No pain - don't even imagine it to be an option... what you deserve is validation and congratulations for what you have accomplished. Keep posting as long as you need to. You might be surprised at just how supportive this forum can be.

Thank you @stp2012! I'm calling to ask what her rate is for private pay this week, reason I wasn't seeing her was because insurance wouldn't pay.

And the test went much better than expected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back