Mixed emotions about Christmas

cntrymom08466

Confident
I have such mixed feelings about taking the tree down and Christmas and holidays being over. Part of me want to move on to getting back to normal but then part of me doesn't want it to be over. I'm planning on taking my tree down today but even though its not my favorite tree, being a white tree, I want to but I don't want to take it down. I'm trying to figure out what this is all about. I just don't know.

seshprinny

New Here
Sometimes I can't figure out why I'm having certain reactions to things either. It can be frustrating. By just being curious and open to your experience, you're putting yourself in the best place to figure it out. Hope it went okay, Christmas is an odd time of year that brings up many different emotions.

Tinyflame

MyPTSD Pro
It's probably too late now, but I think if it's guilt that makes you want to take it down I would go easier on yourself. If you want to leave it up because you enjoy it- do so. It's your tree, and there are middle grounds (take it down a bit later). Christmas is a lot of preparing, less time to enjoy in the here-end-now.

I guess that applies to similar things, which are in your control. The decision you most prefer, that works for you too, regardless of what others think, and with feelings in the 'now', not trauma reminders of the past.