• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Undiagnosed Most Trauma Rooted In Childhood, Including: Emotional,medical Related, And Sexual Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureDancer

New Here
Personally I consider myself a sufferer of PTSD. I have sought a diagnoses for years... When I have had access to therapy. However for the purposes of this forum, since it is not legal diagnosis I suppose I have to go with the undiagnosed option.

I suspect complex PTSD. Both of my parents raged, vented their emotions on me. My grandmother, addicted to codine throughout my life.

I was diagnosed with epilepsy at a young age, and all the medical attention relating to that had a traumatizing the fact including monthly blood tests many EEGs etc.(this diagnosis has since been cleared as a misdiagnosis)

I have had several sexual violation incidents including one that is legally considered attempted rape. I have been turned away from rape crisis centers, and throughout all of my experience of had various kinds of support/lack of support from various counselors.

I suspect types of of disassociation, and flashbacks as well. I am learning some of my reactions are kinds of panic attacks, but this is news to me-as I am only learning about the particular kinds of panic attacks I have been experiencing for years, recently.

I also have much anxiety/pressure relating to gender identity, religious/spiritual preference in a xenophobic and homophobic community.

Some days my emotional state seems to affect me so badly I can feel it *physically*... I have quite an understanding partner, who himself-lost his mother to murder ( and half brother lost both his parents to the same) and yet, there times where he truly doesn't "get it"... As much as I appreciate all he does... And tries to do-I need a bit more support, and currently only have one friend I am in contact with who shares this kind of trauma experience enough to relate to.

My other conditions include Fibromyalgia, suspected Chronic fatigue, as well as adrenal burnout.

I manage what I can through various alternative care remedies and methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back