• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Death Mother's birthday triggering nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2L

Learning
Last night I had recurring nightmares on a topic I truly thought I worked through. Today is my mom's birthday, which I'm sure was a trigger for these dreams. I was there for her finl week's, I gave her the hospice med cocktail as directed. My father was unable to cope and wouldn't do it, and the home aids legally couldn't do it... So it was up to me. I ignored my feelings in the moment because it had to be done to comfort her. However, the tremendous guilt took its toll on me for over a year. I could not shake the feeling that *I* killed her. I know logically the liver failure was the cause, but I was the one to give her the cocktail, slowly increasing the dose as directed by the hospice nurse. I thought I worked through that guilt but I guess my brain deep down didn't? It's been a while I've thought about it or even semi believed I killed her. I'm struggling today with guilt, anger, and sadness. I'm trying to avoid the images in my head of her final moments. It'll be 2 years in May since she passed away. This is her second birthday since she passed away. I'm hoping this is just a glitch and it'll get easier as time continues to pass. I just had to get that out...out.. you for listening.

I'm struggling today with guilt, anger, and sadness

Ph I am so sorry.....
I could tell you over and over that you have nothing to feel guilty for, tell you that your actions were done out of love, tell you that it's ok....and you may not believe me. But it is true.

I can't even imagine how you must be feeling and I have no words to make it better. All I can do is tell you that you are not alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back