• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Medical MRI Shows Tumors & Cysts On Spine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach123

MyPTSD Pro
I'm waiting to hear from my PDoc about my results and schedule an MRI locally instead of in the city.

I went last week for an MRI on my prostate due to an elevated PSA. I went into the city to see a female urologist. She won't do the biopsy she has a male partner for that. So that whole thing just wasted time probably.

The results were quite a bit less than desirable. I have a couple toumors or cysts on my spine. That area bothers me a lot. They looked at it a couple years ago and said it was arthritis and sciatica.

So I think I'm bailing on the thing in the city even thought it's a big well respected hospital like we are famous for here. My hospital, which is where I was born and doctors practice are out here in the suburbs. Things in the city have to be scheduled around the traffic.

So the urologist said forget your prostate now even though I got a 4 out of 5 probability for cancer based on the MRI.

The spine thing which they only saw because of proximity has to be looked at first.

OK. I called my doctor and I got the results to her office. That took a week because I didn't ask the right questions and didn't understand I had to do it. The two offices were not sharing my info which I just assumed they were because of the referral. Now I wait to hear from her and I doubt it'll b over the weekend.

So we don't know anything right now for sure but get another MRI.

Hi Mach,
You have been so supportive to me over the last week, I wish I knew how I could support you in this. I don't have the words to say, because I can't imagine what you are feeling.

One thing you said is that you will just go to the appointments and that the rest is out of your control. This is very brave of you, very vulnerable and very strong. If it matters in this context, you inspire me to believe that I can work toward doing that too, with my problems.

I am sending you love and thinking about you. I hope so much that everything will come out okay.
-Brian

I'm waiting to hear from my PDoc about my results and schedule an MRI locally instead of in the city.

I went last week for an MRI on my prostate due to an elevated PSA. I went into the city to see a female urologist. She won't do the biopsy she has a male partner for that. So that whole thing just wasted time probably.

The results were quite a bit less than desirable. I have a couple toumors or cysts on my spine. That area bothers me a lot. They looked at it a couple years ago and said it was arthritis and sciatica.

So I think I'm bailing on the thing in the city even thought it's a big well respected hospital like we are famous for here. My hospital, which is where I was born and doctors practice are out here in the suburbs. Things in the city have to be scheduled around the traffic.

So the urologist said forget your prostate now even though I got a 4 out of 5 probability for cancer based on the MRI.

The spine thing which they only saw because of proximity has to be looked at first.

OK. I called my doctor and I got the results to her office. That took a week because I didn't ask the right questions and didn't understand I had to do it. The two offices were not sharing my info which I just assumed they were because of the referral. Now I wait to hear from her and I doubt it'll b over the weekend.

So we don't know anything right now for sure but get another MRI.

You're handling this well and thank you for sharing this. I'm praying all goes well for both of these issues. On the prostate thing it may be that the doctor is focused on the spine because prostate cancer is generally slow growing from my understanding. I think some people even choose not to operate and just monitor it. That's just a guess and I'm not a doctor so you might want to ask or research it to confirm.

Hey @Mach123 - I'm sorry to read this. I like your reasoning with going to a local and smaller hospital.

So this week sometime? And when do you go for the next MRI?

Stay strong.
I'll speak with my doctor and she'll schedule/order the MRI at the place they use locally. The hospital got the records to them Friday or Saturday. IDK when it'll b. So a call with my pdoc is next.
I am not feeling depressed or anything. : )

I'm in bed and we had a very nice day yesterday. My wife says I'm fine, the doctors are alarmist quacks and it'll turn out ok. She's usually right. I'm in a different mood, that's probably good. I'm waiting to hear from the doctor, I'll call after three if I haven't heard from her.
Not much else is going to happen today.

the doctors are alarmist quacks

Five years ago I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension, which is about a five year death sentence. I have had no symptoms so when they diagnosed me with heart failure (again) they did an echocardiogram and not only did I not have heart failure (again), but I didn't have pulmonary hypertension. I'm with your wife.

In 2009, I had an MRI which showed 9 things wrong with my shoulder, one of them being that my biceps muscle was held on by a piece of tissue. After surgery, no, 8 of the 9 things weren't true. I hope it's the same for you.

Yes we have similar family horror stories and my wife says they are scaring the hell out of everyone to make money on tests and biopsies. One of our inlaws was sure she had breast cancer twice because of them. Ok I get it. I'm waiting to see. I can't tell you I'm not worried though. I'm doing ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back