• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Mum talks about sexually abusive father all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Star76

Hi,

So mum mum left my sexually abusive farther two months ago. Now all she does is talk about him. He literally he comes up in every single conversation and she doesn’t stop talking about him like ever. Two friends of hers have noticed this and said to me that for my own mental health and sanity I have to boundary her and that she shouldn’t talk about dad in front of me as much as she does. Just wondering how I approach this conversation with her?

I agree, ya gotta have boundaries. I would say something like Mom, that is hard for me to talk about, can we change the subject please? If you say that enough, maybe she'll get it. Blessings in your healing! <3

Her "friends" should have said something to her.

I'm sorry she does this to you. First ask her nicely. Then set the boundary. Are you in therapy? Could you take her with you to discuss it with your therapist?

Hugs to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back