• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Munchausen By Proxy Resources/Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

triptych

Learning
Hi!

I don't want to go massively into details but I would like to investigate this condition a bit more. Ideally, I'd like to read literature/resources from the victims perspective, for example looking at long term effects and adult survivors. (A lot of the websites/books I have found seem either to be for doctors to spot children affected or parents who believe they are being falsely accused.)

Academic books in psychology, sociology or other, personal accounts, novels, guides, memoirs, anything would be helpful.

I am also particularly interested in cases of victims being diagnosed with learning disorders/long term conditions that don't land hospitalisations.

Thank you!

In the UK it's now called fabricated or fictitious illness. So you could look that up too?

Sorry I don't know any research from the survivors viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back