• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

My adult daughter has become verbally abusive and relentless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gate36

New Here
My adult daughter has become verbally abusive and has become relentless. The unfortunate thing is that we live right near one another. When her children were small, she needed me and I have a wonderful relationship with her kids. I left her father many years ago after years of abuse which she never talks about. She has no contact with him. I am so depressed. I’m reaching the end of my limit. I can’t take another abuser in my life. She does not maintain relationships. I have survived abuse in my childhood, my marriage and my brother. I can’t take anymore.

I’m reaching the end of my limit. I can’t take another abuser in my life. She does not maintain relationships. I have survived abuse in my childhood, my marriage and my brother. I can’t take anymore.

may i take this as most excellent news? i hold awareness of my personal limits as an all-powerful tool in altering family dysfunction cycles. i don't have to stop loving the person i am dancing with, but new dance steps needed. functional, or knot, it is a dance we do together.

steadying support while you find your new steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back