• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

ED My anorexia is getting worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrid_Shadow

Confident
I thought for once I was winning in my battle against my eating disorder but I couldn't be more wrong. My body has been rejecting almost everything I eat this week. I can't eat without it going through me. I'm going to see my T today to discuss this but other than that I don't know what to do. Any suggestions guys?

I'm glad you are going to talk to your T? You say your body is rejecting what you eat, so could this be a medical issue other than anorexia? Are you working with a nutritionist? One more question, is there something that's helped you in the past when you have struggled.

It sounds like a really rough time. I'm sorry you are dealing with that.

Yeah my body doesn't want to keep any food in me. I'm making lunch as we speak and crossing my fingers it stays in. I don't know. All I was told was I have an eating disorder I wasn't told anything else.

You may be lacking in certain bacteria in your digestive system.
Ask your T for suggestions on foods or probiotic supplements your body may need.
And hooray for making great accomplishments !
This doesn't mean you are having a set back..it is your body telling you are lacking something..research probiotics.

Have you had a formal diagnosis of an eating disorder? If so and you're not exhibiting or engaging in ED behaviors, I'd suggest you contact your primary care doctor for treatment for what is going on with you right now.

Yeah I've been diagnosed with it. I am happy to report though that everything I ate stayed in my body today. My T told me to lay off the laxatives for a week. I was proscribed laxatives cause I end up blocked sometimes but my T thinks I've been taking them too often. I'll look into probiotics. See what I can do. I just hope this works.

Glad you are doing better and able to keep food down. I'm still wondering if your medical doctor is in the loop as, from what you've said, this is a medical issue involving your GI tract and your ability to keep food down. I don't know how your ED expressed (expresses) itself, but if laxative abuse or restricting (you've noted anorexia in your title) played (plays) a role in the ED diagnosis, I'd be very concerned. Hoping you take care of yourself, and find health and healing.

@Astrid_Shadow If you are having issues with going to the bathroom.... Eating more fiber, fruit, or fiber pills would be safer, and healthier than laxatives, as those can actually become addictive in a sense. With ED's even using laxatives is a form of pushing the food through, so that we don't gain any weight. Your intestines can also become addicted/dependent upon laxatives too and it takes some work to undo that.

I know all too well the ins and outs of ED's as I struggled with anoxeia, and other ED issues in the past. It's a tough one to beat. Good luck.

Fiber if you are blocked, but if things are going through you too quickly, avoid fiber at all cost. I have hyper-peristalsis, where things go through me way to quickly, and it isn't the result of an ED. Cheese, bone broth and probiotics are the best bet when that is an issue.

@Astrid_Shadow It depends on what you are experiencing. If you are going to the bathroom too much, then @Fadeaway is correct. If you're not going enough, then what is suggested in my previous post.

The biggest thing with anexoria is that you need high calorie consumption, but done in small intervals. You should eat frequently but small amounts. I know how hard this is, and I know also just how dangerous it can be. I lost a total of 94 lbs in 5 months when I struggled with it. It got to the point that I was passing out in stores due to lack of nutrition and my body was basically starting to shut down.

It's the first thing that comes back when I'm seriously triggered and depression sets in. It's scary.... please take care of yourself.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back