• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

My Anxiety Is So Bad I Want To Rip My Skin Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather

MyPTSD Pro
I hate this! Ever since the doctor's have been adjusting my medication(s). My anxiety is through the roof. I feel hands all over my body. My heart is pounding out of my chest and my therapist says that my body is throwing off false signals all the time. I am on constant high alert. I hate living like this.

I decided the other night when my heart was exploding to try a relaxation exercise they've been teaching us to see if it would work, to try and calm myself down. It was try that or suffer. I'm glad I tried it because it did work:). I guess I have more control over calming myself down than I thought.

I finally told them that what they're doing is NOT helping me but making me worse! Did I say I hate this?

I'm glad I tried it because it did work:). I guess I have more control over calming myself down than I thought.

(((HUGS))), Heather it is so good to see you, I have missed you.

Hating it is good now try and channel that energy into controlling your anxiety. YOU DID IT, YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN........... Yeah for you, be proud of yourself.

It was great you could do the exercise yourself. My T made me a recording of an exercise as I found his voice calming and it made me feel safe. I have it on my iPod to take with me.

Keep fighting my friend, lots of us are supporting you and linking arms
KP

Hi Heather,

It is good to hear from you. I am glad you are finding some tools to help you, that is wonderful!

Favor....what was the relaxation technique you used? The only thing I have found that keeps my anxiety at a manageable level is working out, but even then it gets away from me.

(((Hugs))) and like KP said, "linking arms".

(We are all in this together :))

Deb

I have intense anxiety like that too. Every day I feel like I want to crawl out of my skin, twitching. It makes focusing on anything nearly impossible. Along with Nighthawk, I too, would like it if you shared your exercise that helped you. May I ask what medications you are currently taking? I am only taking Prozac right now as I do not have medical insurance, but hopefully I will have coverage soon and will be seeing a dr. to discuss a treatment program. Sending you peaceful wishes.

(((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))

I have been going through some severe anxiety myself and it's brutal! It's been a long time since I've had it so bad constantly throughout the day but it's baaaaaaaaaack so my heart and thoughts are with you. Hang in there.

Peace and healing,
Rain

I want it to stop so badly I just want to die, and all I get is told to take a bath! I spend hours on the phone too scared to move with Boone willing to come out and help , they don't know how to. I personally will nor take much mire, my son leaves home next year and if I'm not under control by then I plan to put an end to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back