1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My "baby" sister is dying...

Discussion in 'Death' started by Lionheart777, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Lionheart777

Lionheart777 Healing Warrior Premium Member

My younger, "baby" sister, (52 yrs old), is dying from end stage COPD/ emphysema.
    (We lost our mother to COPD just last year)

My sister is, and always will be, very close to my heart. I am 5 years older and I'm proud to have been her big brother all these years!!!

She is a one of a kind, who said it wasn't fair for her family to have to watch her struggle...always thinking of others. She's the first to make everyone laugh and has quite the sense of humor.

Everyday my sister has to be reminded that she is dying because of hypoxia / high CO2 levels and Morphine interfering with her thought processes. It is so sad for her, but I think she has found some degree of acceptance.

I really need some strong support with this because sis and I are best friends as well as brother and sister. My fondest and happiest memories of my childhood are of us playing together.

I am devastated and my heart is breaking. My first instinct is to isolate myself so I am forcing myself to post this. Please forgive if I do not respond right away to posts to this thread.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. littleoc

littleoc Making everywhere I go a better place Premium Member Donated

I am so, so sad to hear this.

Many hugs to you. Please take care

4. NinjaWolf

NinjaWolf I'm a VIP

I am so sorry, and keeping you and her and your family in my heart.
    Sending support (((@Lionheart777 )))

5. Junebug

Junebug I'm a VIP Premium Member Donated

Aw @Lionheart777 :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :( , not many words to say except I'm sure glad you have had such a wonderful sister in your life, and equally so for her she's had you. The best brother ever, and there through thick-and-thin. What a gift.

Much love, prayers and strength to you. Thank you for telling 'us'.
    Xoxoxoxox

6. Tornadic Thoughts

Tornadic Thoughts I'm a VIP

Heart hug to you and sis. I'm at a loss for words but not love. Sending lots of it your and your sis's way.

7. Lionheart777

Thank you everyone, your words touch my heart and mean so much to me. I wrote this then fell asleep from exhaustion. I feel a little better having had some sleep and having talked to my sister on the phone. I really have a lot of love and respect for my sister, she beat lung cancer and is a fellow survivor. She is sweet, funny, and very lovable.

I have been very blessed to have her as my sister.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  8. TreeHugger

TreeHugger For Every Child A Tree Premium Member Generous $250+

Dear Lion, I'm so very sorry to read these sad news. I will pray for your baby sister and you. And I lit a white candle, as a symbol of peace and put it into a tea-light made of an orange calcite. So it emanates a warm, cosy and comforting glow. The candle will be replaced as often as it's needed. Sending strength, and comforting prayers your and your baby sisters way.

9. scout86

scout86 I'm a VIP Premium Member Donated

It sounds like she's been blessed to have you as a brother well. What a hard thing for both of you though! Especially after losing your mother so recently. You're both in my thoughts & prayers

10. Lionheart777

I am moved by everyone's support. This is extremely difficult for me and I appreciate and love ya for your kind words. Please bare with me if I don't seem like my normal self for awhile, I am overwhelmed with emotion when I am not numb....and I'm kinda scatter-brained.

11. Muttly

Muttly I'm a VIP Premium Member Donated

I am so sorry you are going through this. I can tell from what you've said that she is very special to you. My thoughts are with you and your sister.

12. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

I'm so sad for both of you --- there just are no words..

13. Living in the 70s

Living in the 70s "Go dté tú slán" Premium Member Donated

Hugs @Lionheart777 I hope that you can do some self soothing, and some self care. I can't imagine how upset that you are, so I send big, big, big hugs for you today!