• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Death My "baby" sister is dying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionheart

Not Active
Sponsor
My younger, "baby" sister, (52 yrs old), is dying from end stage COPD/ emphysema.
(We lost our mother to COPD just last year)

My sister is, and always will be, very close to my heart. I am 5 years older and I'm proud to have been her big brother all these years!!!

She is a one of a kind, who said it wasn't fair for her family to have to watch her struggle...always thinking of others. She's the first to make everyone laugh and has quite the sense of humor.

Everyday my sister has to be reminded that she is dying because of hypoxia / high CO2 levels and Morphine interfering with her thought processes. It is so sad for her, but I think she has found some degree of acceptance.

I really need some strong support with this because sis and I are best friends as well as brother and sister. My fondest and happiest memories of my childhood are of us playing together.

I am devastated and my heart is breaking. My first instinct is to isolate myself so I am forcing myself to post this. Please forgive if I do not respond right away to posts to this thread.

Aw @Lionheart777 :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :( , not many words to say except I'm sure glad you have had such a wonderful sister in your life, and equally so for her she's had you. The best brother ever, and there through thick-and-thin. What a gift.

Much love, prayers and strength to you. Thank you for telling 'us'.
Xoxoxoxox

Thank you everyone, your words touch my heart and mean so much to me. I wrote this then fell asleep from exhaustion. I feel a little better having had some sleep and having talked to my sister on the phone. I really have a lot of love and respect for my sister, she beat lung cancer and is a fellow survivor. She is sweet, funny, and very lovable.

I have been very blessed to have her as my sister.

Last edited:
Dear Lion, I'm so very sorry to read these sad news. I will pray for your baby sister and you. And I lit a white candle, as a symbol of peace and put it into a tea-light made of an orange calcite. So it emanates a warm, cosy and comforting glow. The candle will be replaced as often as it's needed. Sending strength, and comforting prayers your and your baby sisters way.

I am moved by everyone's support. This is extremely difficult for me and I appreciate and love ya for your kind words. Please bare with me if I don't seem like my normal self for awhile, I am overwhelmed with emotion when I am not numb....and I'm kinda scatter-brained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back