• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Death My "baby" sister is dying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your sister sounds like a beautiful human being.

I think you would have liked her @bellbird , My sister was an intelligent, funny, and beautiful person and she was a very likeable soul. She was also a fellow PTSD survivor.

I will forever grieve the loss, tho I imagine it will get a bit easier in time, I will never be "over it" and that is how it should be. I have no regrets. I love her with my whole heart and will miss her always.

I think you would have liked her @bellbird , My sister was an intelligent, funny, and beautiful person and she was a very likeable soul.
Yes, I think I would have, too :hug:
She was also a fellow PTSD survivor.
Brave, brave soul.
I will forever grieve the loss, tho I imagine it will get a bit easier in time
My T said to me in my session last week that our grief doesn't lessen over time, as it used to be thought, but our capacity to hold it gets a little bit bigger, a little bit stronger, as time starts to pass.
I will never be "over it" and that is how it should be.
Absolutely, she means so much to you.
And nothing can ever take away the footprints that her life has left on the universe, nor the people's lives she has impacted, as yours.

Many healing and gentle hugs for you, dear Lion.

Just stopping by to thank everyone for the replies to this thread.

.....Thank You!!! From my heart of hearts. ❤

You honor both me and sister, with your kindness, and with your compassionate responses.

Part of me is still in disbelief, one of my child selves wants to pretend she is on vacation, while my adult self knows better. This has been a deep and tragic loss for me and I want you to know that I am sincerely grateful to each of you for the loving, understanding, support!!!

Brightest Blessings,
?
Lion

Thank you @bellbird that is good to know! I need you all so much right now!!!

Sis's belongings are gathered up for distribution to their proper destination(s). I am sad to see her room is almost empty. This is a devastating loss for me; I always thought I'd be the first to pass on. I never imagined it would be any other way. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, fate can sometimes be cruel.

I would do just about anything to have her back with me again, but from now on, she will have to live on in my heart and mind. God knows I will keep her memory alive as long as I am still here. She was and still is a major blessing to my life. I am forever grateful that she's my baby sister.

God knows I will keep her memory alive as long as I am still here.
If she cannot be here in physical form, then may I say that there is no better place for her to live on than in your memories. There she will always be loved and honoured for the beautiful humanbeing that Sis is.

And through your sharing of some of your story, she lives on in a part of our minds too.

Never gone. Never forgotten.

Hearing your pain, and the magnitude of this loss for you, Lion. I am sitting with you.

Thank you so much for your understanding and compassion @bellbird , your words bring me great comfort.

She will never be gone from my heart and hopefully not from my mind either. She meant the world to me and always will occupy a great deal of my heart ? and soul. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back