• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship My dad has PTSD and smokes weed. He is constantly pinning things on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappySoul

New Here
Hi, my name is Bobby and I'm 15 years old.

So, me and my father do not have a great relationship ever since he was arrested for domestic violence against my mother. I have never forgiven him and we only refer to it as "the incident". I suffer from autism so, whilst I understand I may not have a good grasp of what happened, I also know it affected me so much that I began suffering from constant anxiety around tense/angry situations. In extreme circumstances, I run away because I'm afraid he will do something to me. My Dad was in the army and I don't know what exactly happened because, obviously, he doesn't mention it. He smokes a lot of weed and, when he does, he gets very paranoid about EVERYTHING I do. It's not ever against my mum or sister, it's always me. He constantly belittles me, uses my past against me and once even claimed that "because you're so autistic, you will never understand". Once, when he was very drunk at a pub, he forced me to unlock my phone and let him read every message between me and my aunt (if I didn't, he would've gotten even angrier). The next day, he phoned an ambulance when I was "making suicidal remarks" when I don't even have a history of suicidal thoughts and when I called him out on his weed usage. Yes, I self-harmed, but when he phoned an ambulance it was more than 6 months since when I did it. I've never self-harmed again since. He is so toxic to be around when he's angry and I know that he will only get worse. I suppose I just need some advice.

Hi, my name is Bobby and I'm 15 years old.

So, me and my father do not have a great relationship ever since he was arrested for domestic violence against my mother. I have never forgiven him and we only refer to it as "the incident". I suffer from autism so, whilst I understand I may not have a good grasp of what happened, I also know it affected me so much that I began suffering from constant anxiety around tense/angry situations. In extreme circumstances, I run away because I'm afraid he will do something to me. My Dad was in the army and I don't know what exactly happened because, obviously, he doesn't mention it. He smokes a lot of weed and, when he does, he gets very paranoid about EVERYTHING I do. It's not ever against my mum or sister, it's always me. He constantly belittles me, uses my past against me and once even claimed that "because you're so autistic, you will never understand". Once, when he was very drunk at a pub, he forced me to unlock my phone and let him read every message between me and my aunt (if I didn't, he would've gotten even angrier). The next day, he phoned an ambulance when I was "making suicidal remarks" when I don't even have a history of suicidal thoughts and when I called him out on his weed usage. Yes, I self-harmed, but when he phoned an ambulance it was more than 6 months since when I did it. I've never self-harmed again since. He is so toxic to be around when he's angry and I know that he will only get worse. I suppose I just need some advice.

Got relatives that you can stay with for a break?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back