• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Death My grandfather passed away this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your kind words, they really mean a lot.
And @Sideways , I'm sorry for your loss too. I absolutely accept your hugs and send some your way in return.

I've been cycling between numbness and sadness since getting the news, it's early afternoon now. The sun is just starting to come out so I might go for a walk down by the river.

I've been keeping a particular memory of my grandfather close since this morning.
The memory was from my grandmother (his wife)'s funeral in 2016.
There was a moment, before the service, where I noticed my grandfather standing alone. He looked very lost and sad, understandably so; my grandparents were together for over 60 years.

There was a moment of internal hesitation and conflict within me; I couldn't bare to see him like that, but my grandfather had quite a fiery personality and I was worried he might take a sudden hug as the perception of "weakness" by another.

But I couldn't not. And I'm still so glad I did. I'll keep that hug with me forever.

Fiery, yes. But a good man. A good grandfather.

RIP, Pop. ❤

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back