• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General My Husband And Nlp Therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

amethist

MyPTSD Pro
I know a lot of people dont like alternative types of therapy but my husband likes it, and with the waiting list for normal therapy being so long, hubby decided he would try this again.

He has done it twice before, the first time was good the second not so good. This time though it was offered somewhere else so he took them up on the offer.

We went last Wednesday and stayed with the couple who's husband is an NLP master practitioner, for a few days while he helped hubby out.

It was strange staying in someone else's house while this was done, but it meant it was in a relaxed atmosphere instead of being clinical.

They were very welcoming as he himself has PTSD due to being in the Army, even their dog was welcoming. a big black Labrador that just came and sat at the side of us and put his head on our knees, as if he understood the problem too.

Hubby has had a lot of angry nightmares, which we think go back to his initial anger towards the guy who caused his accident. This was dealt with while we were there, and last night was the first night in months that hubby has not had a nightmare where he shouts out in anger.

He is more relaxed and looks to have a lot less tension in his face. He talks calmer and clearer, has done things around the house without being asked and has made decisions without asking my opinion.

Over the 3 days we were there, only 4 sessions were done, but I can see a difference already, and hopefully things will continue to improve as the weeks go by.

I am glad for you both Amethist. I would not be honest if I did not say that just the word "NLP" makes me nervous. But really that isn't because of the techniques themselves and is rather about how often they are used to manipulate without morals and how little they are regulated. Sometimes qualified therapists use them but usually it is life couches with no supervision or code of ethics.

Saying that, I have found the techniques very powerful and helpful for certain things and if the practitioner is skilled and trustworthy that helps a lot.

I hope it continues to improve things for you both.

it stands for nuero linguistic programming

Thanks Abstract I made the mistake of not writing it out in full.

If is is used correctly there is nothing wrong with this type of therapy at all, its when it is used with out full training and in the wrong way that it could cause issues.

It can be used for numerous things, but this guy just uses it for PTSD and all its issues. I know its not for everybody, but you have to take what works for you and go with it.

Its been a few days now and hubby is doing really well.

Stress could have been at an all time high as we are having a garage built and there is a lot of coming and going with wagons for the hard core and strangers in our garden. Yesterday her was a bit stressed but coped a lot better with it all than he would have a week ago.

Today he has gone to see his dad, this seems to be a regular Thursday trip out now, but will be back in a couple of hours. he will then have to cope with the concrete being laid on his own as I will have gone out myself by the time he gets back.

He plans on taking me out for lunch on Sunday, as he said he wants to be my husband again in all ways.

Sounds like this last lot of therapy is working as well as it did the first time.

I am so very happy to hear that this went well. Of course, I anticipated it would but it is good to see that validated.

I hope the trip to see his day does not include a stop on the way home. I'd hate to see anything counteract the progress made.

What about your time there? Was there any part of this that you were able to participate in? Did you perhaps get a chance to get out a little on your own for some "me" time?

ISH

I went out shopping with Philippa on Thursday afternoon, and we all went to a Buddhists cafe on the Friday.

I have to admit I am sleeping better since we came home, and am a lot calmer about other things too.

Always happy to hear good news! It is a shame that there is so little understanding of Neurolinguistic's.

There will always be those with ego's that abuse by power. I have learned a lot in studying Neurolinguistic's.

It is nice to see results for Hubby, I know it has been a long time coming. Hugs, Whitney

One thing that I have noticed since we came home, is that hubby has not had one nightmare.

They had got to the point of being every night, not about his accident, but angry ones about his past. These have now stopped since they were worked on.

This means that I get a full nights sleep every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back