• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

My husband lost his job, a few weeks after I resigned from mine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband lost his job on Monday. He has always made the money, and getting a job for me was more for joining my community, healing, feeling responsible (of course the money helped). But I ended up chosing to leaving my first job, because of my boss. But now I feel, again, like I made the wrong choice! Sort of?
We're both scrambling to find jobs of course, but I haven't even really considering going back to that job. So I guess I really, really, don't want to. But I still feel guilty about leaving, when we're in this situation now

You couldn’t have predicted that happening, though. It’s not like you planned this!

Guilt implies that you had control over this situation. Which, honestly, you didn’t. Neither did your husband, unfortunately. Or else you wouldn’t be in this situation at all!

You couldn’t have predicted that happening, though. It’s not like you planned this!

Guilt implies that you had control over this situation. Which, honestly, you didn’t. Neither did your husband, unfortunately. Or else you wouldn’t be in this situation at all!
You're absolutely right! Thank you ? and i need to remember that it was right for me.
P.s. We both have interviews this week! ?

If you had a bad boss, it is not worth the stress you would be dealing with. Try to let that go and look for another job. There's something to be said for feeling respected and appreciated in the workplace. Be consistent in the searches, remember/hone those interview skills, and it's likely it won't be long before you are both back to work. Prayers for wisdom and guidance in your searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back