• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

My mother is now my dependent. (Financial) (maybe emotional later, but currently I don't mind)

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleoc

MyPTSD Pro
I think I'm going to hire a tax professional to handle my taxes this year. Though I am not making enough money for the bills I am suddenly responsible for. But I just wanted to know what y'all's thoughts on that are? Does anyone here happen to have useful info or advice that could help me out?

I'm so sorry, I'm not even sure what to ask. Give me some slack, I'm in my 20s and haven't really figured out everything I don't know yet. I tried doing research online but mostly don't really know where to start.

My goals still include me moving out but now I'm taking my mom with me. Might be a couple years until I'm financially stable. Obviously I'm playing that by ear!

Goal to move out now includes a step where I convince my mom to get rid of everything we don't use. The house is functional now, but the clutter is still the main subject of every room. She's currently too disabled to be able to tell, so I will probably need to re-hire a therapist to come into the house. I've never had a clean house before and was hoping to move out and start from scratch to figure it out. So now I probably need help learning how to get rid of clutter, too. Sucks.

I got some car insurance, so that's pretty cool. I REALLY need health insurance now. Two pinched nerves, pinkies won't move when I wake up. Weird lump in armpit. pain in my center of belly (it's not my liver, but symptom checkers says every time I look up the symptoms that it's liver cancer! Funny story: one time i looked up my severe knee pain and the symptom checker said it was definitely throat cancer. Why do these checkers always say it's cancer? lol. I definitely do not have cancer though. But I'd love to be able to see a doctor again.)

Adding more info:
  • I haven’t yet transferred the name on the bills to my name.
  • When I claim her as a dependent, pretty much the only thing I know is that I need to make sure I don’t accidentally take ownership of her credit card debts.
  • I think it says it if you click on my name, but just in case: I’m in the US. Important info when talking about financial and legal stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back