• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

my parents are very controlling +

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshienie

Learning
I couldn't believe my mom actually decide to ruin things for me. I don't like how my mother has treated me, and it's not good to have someone in your life. that controls every part of your well-being. I just knew that I had to write all my emotions out of here. I am an adult having to take care of my own mother. She has severe depression, and realizing that she can not control her behaviors. I understood, but to have someone who keeps on treating you like a child is a whole another thing. I hate how she is making my life, and sometimes I wish I never had a mother like my mom has harsh it may sound. She treats me as a child, and I am the one taking care of her. I want my life to be different, and the only way to live that way is to get out of the rut.

Years ago, my T recommended a book called “Dance of Anger.” By Harriet Lerner. It is very helpful in how to deal with controlling moms/people. Also, I am now better at letting stuff that mom says roll off of me by approaching everything as an observer rather than letting it anger me and cause guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back