• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

My story

ShawnaB

Policy Enforcement
My story of my PTSD started in the military.I was in the Marines for 14 years.I was in an unit which were mostly guys.5 of them were brutal to me.One night,Went into a spot in on the property with them.Felt uncomfortable around them,started touching my breasts and then undid my pants sliding down my panties down touching me in the genitals.Tried to get away,they grabbed me and three held me down to the ground.Each one got their turn and raped me.I was also kicked resulting in 5 broken ribs and bruised very well.I was yelling out and a couple of them told me this,shut up you %$^*.They ran and left me there.Luckily a couple found me there and called 911 taken to the hospital.I was shaken up and these 5 guys were arrested the next day.Tried to deny it,DNA linked them.During my recovery,seen a therapist that saw I was shaken up good.Was 14 years into it and they had no choice to honorable discharge me.Good thing was all 5 were found guilty and sentenced to 30 years in prison also dishonorable discharged from the sexual assault and rape convictions.I was diagnosed with PTSD and luckily the VA was a good help.Took support from my family and friends to help me recover.I do go to a support group for veterans with PTSD that has helped

Welcome!

Did the airforce thing so I get it. I'm sorry that happened to you and really happy that the assholes got jail time! That gives me hope for the others out there. There's a few of us vets here on the forum that understand - glad you found us!

Welcome!

Did the airforce thing so I get it. I'm sorry that happened to you and really happy that the assholes got jail time! That gives me hope for the others out there. There's a few of us vets here on the forum that understand - glad you found us!
I am too and the prosecutor turned down every plea deal their lawyers came up with

I belive you. This is brave to open up about. I support you in having those rapists harshest possible sentencing. I take seriously your story and know the impacts that having been raped can cause in peoples lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back