• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Assault My trauma experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jillmarilyn

New Here
I was assaulted by one of my Special Ed. students to the point that I was almost killed. A 275 pound non verbal student threw me on the ground and proceeded to bite me, he had me pinned down, laying in top of me, to the point that I was taken to the hospital. All because the parents took him off all of his medication in order to prepare him for an exorcism. They believed he had an evil spirit in him. I am 5’3”. This has ruined my life. I don’t go out, scared of the dark, panic attacks, etc. My PTSD is so bad that I had a breakdown. This happened 4 years ago.

I was assaulted by one of my Special Ed. students to the point that I was almost killed.
Welcome, and I am so sorry this happened to you.
All because the parents took him off all of his medication in order to prepare him for an exorcism. They believed he had an evil spirit in him.
Oh good grief. I don't understand how people can get caught up in the idea of possession and exorcism, but I know several folks who are--and one is a physician. I'm wondering how you are managing--do you have a therapist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back