• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

My Way To Forget PTSD - Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatle_bailey

Confident
the ice has left the river ,,, ,, I'm going Kayaking ,, ,, some people say i'm crazy ,,, my Daughter included,,, ,, ,, may be I am a bit wacked ,, ,, , so ,, ,, ,, having battled PTSD , AIDS , Hep-C , all the bones that have bin broken , being an Airborn Ranger , having high explosives blow off in my pocket and my hand ,,, and wrecking so so so many cars and even more stuff than i care to admit ,,, I should be a bit crazy ,, ,, ,, I just call it a LOVE for Living life to its fullest ,, ,, ,, what else is life for

I went kayaking 2 weeks ago when the Ice had just left the river ,,, ,, it was a beautiful day and as quiet as the river could be with al the wild live getting ready for mateing season ,, ,, ,, ,I saw so many things on the water than I can tell you ,,, ,, ,kayaked about 12 miles and didn't even get my fingers wet ,,, ,, what a beautifl time I had ,,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, today I took 2 young Coast Gaurd men or boys with my kayaking ,, ,, ,, they said they were used to the cold water ,, ,,Ha ,,, I made them bring a change of clothes with them and store the gear in my dry bags ,,, ,, ,, well we took of and 3 minutes out one of the kids flips over ,,, what a shock he got ,,, ,, ,,well I told him to head for shore and I would gather all his stuff ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, he changed into to his dry clothing in quick time ,, ,, ,, we started out again ,,, ,, Nathen had a bit more respect for the tippsyness of a kayak and the cold water ,,, but in a short time he gut the hang of it ,, ,, ,, and we realy took off ,,, He did loose his smokes tho ,,, ,, we traveled about 12 or more miles as the river flows in about 4 hours ,, saw all sorts of bird and water foul 2 beaver and a muskrat right up close ,, ,, that is alway a treat ,, ,, ,, we laughede and joked all the way down the river ,, ,, ,, and these 2 young men ,, try as they could ,, could not out do this 52 , well very close to 53 yr old man ,,, My god what a day we had ,,,

when I get out and do things I love to do I forget my PTSD and all the other shit that is wrong with me ,,, ,, ,, ,, I hope some of you can find ways to enjoy life ,,, ,, ,, I mean really enjoy the moment and then you may be able to forget just for a little while what is hurting you so badly ,,, , ,, ,,
,, ,, ,, ,, ,, My best wishes to you all :smoking: :rofl: :walking: :cool: Beatle Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back