• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Myptsd.com history

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
PTSD Forum launched on the 06th Sep, 2005, with one simple aim, to provide quality PTSD information and support to all concerned.

Our aim is easy when simplified, yet when viewed in depth it comprises a little more work, such as vetted references to quality information that won't send you round in circles, combined with quality support for those who suffer PTSD, support PTSD and family of affected PTSD sufferers. This community is a global, social, PTSD hub providing a means of communication, an outlet, a place where people understand what you're going through.

PTSD Forum changed name to MyPTSD on 26th July 2013 as part of the "My" Network changes.

The community is not here to provide rocket science or neo-geometrical measurements of time and space movement… instead its about getting down to the nitty gritty, talking about the issues, learning from each other, and at the end of the day, hopefully lead a more rewarding and stress free life.

The biggest thing about PTSD is honesty. If you can’t be honest, then you're wasting your time. It sounds harsh, but it doesn't make it untrue! Denial is a large part for those affected by traumatic events, and once you accept your trauma and that there are others just like you, things will get better… trust me on that one. PTSD affects a wide range of people from military, police, emergency services, doctors, nurses, victims of crime, severe accidents and more. Don’t be afraid, as you're not alone… really, you're not.

MyPTSD does not reinvent the wheel and create PTSD information. MyPTSD regurgitates known, quality, information produced by leading global experts in the field of PTSD, then we break it down into simple speak for quick understanding, without all the complicated psychology. Well, as much as possible that is. The information found here is as unbiased as possible. When information is released via the news, it gets discussed and can be researched. The majority of leading experts tend to agree on the majority of points about PTSD, which is what this forum utilizes.

Last edited:
Very grateful to have found, the comfort that others will understand the deeper issues, that I will be understood, by fellow knowledgeable, souls.

This forum has been the most helpful place to share and help me move forward. I recently was asked to present at the largest rural health conference in Australia about living with PTSD. I told the audience that an anonymous on line forum had been the most helful…so thankyou Anthony you are a legend!

I was diagnosed with PTSD in June of this year although I had a feeling I was a sufferer before that. It’s been a rough 3 months trying to adjust to therapy and talking about my past, as I’ve held it in for a little over 30 years! I’m looking forward to being able to talk to others who know and understand what I’m going through.

Just found this site at the right time of my life. I need to read the stories of others. It helps to know that I am not suffering alone. Thank goodness for social media. It helps in time of need. My PTSD has been causing me much grieve and chaos in life. I feel like I am on a merry-go-round and I can’t get off. Hope I can find some help amongst others. Much peace and love to everyone.

I have only this last few minutes joined. I was diagnosed with PTSD when I was 13 . I don’t know how to do this . But I’m so glad I have found somewhere to come to even just to know I’m not alone .

Today I joined this site as a birthday gift to myself. As usual I am alone, except for my pup and my three queenly cats. They are the only family I have now, and the best family I have ever had. So maybe this is a good birthday after all.

WOW! I just found this site…..I have been hurting myself during the night. I have started thinking about several slaps across the face when I was quite young. The hatred behind them was over whelming. One was racial, the other was my step mother. She died last year. Even though she’s not here to abuse me anymore, some of the things she did to me keep surfacing. In the back of my mind, I kinda knew that I had ptsd. for years. I lived with her for 10 years. I had arrested development physically and mentally .She was out to get me 24-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back