• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Napping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilma

Learning
I was wondering if anybody else has the same problem. If I don't nap during the day, my anxiety levels tend to go up at night. With that I have to say that I tend to sleep better when there's daylight as night i

I like you find I sleep better in daylight, however, if I nap during the day this can sometimes mean I cant sleep at night.

I have found sleeping with a salt lamp on during the night as a solution, gives a soft enough glow to replicate a bit of daylight.

I must admit that I love daytime napping as I don't have nightmares with naps, having the whole family at home all the time the last 6 months though has seen no time for a nap so have had to adjust.

Wilma, when you take a nap during the day, how long do your naps usually last?
It depends anywhere from 20 to 90 minutes. I know the whole standard "no sleeping during the day" sleep hygiene rule. However if I don't sleep enough I get dysregulated. So basically I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back