• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Other Narcissistic abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, nah, eX is still a narcissist.
Son is finally, in the clinic. I've had good contact with him, though.
I'm so relieved that he is away from that soul-sucking, crazy-making man.
He will probably go back, he is very trauma bonded with his dad, but we are developing a healing and nurturing connection.
He is so desperate for reassurance. It's made him open to me, in a way he's never been before.
I am going to get him private health cover to pay for some better private inpatients care.
He is the last of my children to come back to a trusting, nurturing relationship with me, after they were poisoned against me when I had to leave to save my life and sanity.
They missed out on my love and support for years. We are still working through the grief of that time, as well as the traumatic life from day dot.
Narcissistic abuse cannot be understood by anybody who hasn't experienced it and it's very lonely, as you have your sanity systematically eroded and undermined. ;Slow frog cooking" style.
Often, everybody else thinks that person is great. They are masters at, very subtly and covertly destroying your sense of realty and self.
Plus, so often, it's a form of Stockholm syndrome and you will make excuses for them and try even harder to win their love and to protect them from the natural consequences of their deeply skewered and responsibility avoidant projection and you will take responsibility for all that they avoid responsibility for.

So, my.kid has a long way to go, he is still deeply mired in.his dad's worldview and desperate for evidence of his love, but, at least, he is drawing on me and acknowledges the real love and support that I give him.

Update; Son is improving. Still in the clinic. On friday he has an.intake interview with a "mental health resort" facility on the coast. He was anxious about going back to Dad's and I got to talk to his pdoc and mentioned that the home sitch was not really a healthy one and that I was looking to get him private cover and a longer stay in a rehab type of facility and he suggested the coast place.

One of my other son's is moving out too.
My children are breaking free!
This is very exciting for me!
A positive start to the new year :-).

I'm so happy to hear a horrid story with a happy ending! I'm so glad your children came back to you, and your eldest is getting the care he needs. That is wonderful! My prayers are with you and your children, that you all may continue to recover and continue to forge loving bonds with each other!

So, nah, eX is still a narcissist

He won't change unless he gets help. NPD is a mental illness too, and I personally think nobody who is NPD can change without therapy. My ex was diagnosed with NPD, and he continues to talk about how he's changed, but he hasn't. Neither have my thoughts about him. I used to be hoovered in with his "changed" behavior, but it would last 2 weeks. It's none of my business, and you didn't ask, but please don't allow yourself to get hoovered in with his "changed" behavior. Your children know who loves and cares about them, and chose you, not him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back