• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Need advice - flashback of a memory I can’t remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunarill

New Here
Hi, I’m new here and this is the first time this has happened to me. This morning while i was taking my dog for a walk I was thinking about my past crushes and how we would work if we were together in present day. As My thoughts focused on one of my ex guy friends I had flashback, but a flashback of a memory I can’t remember. My mind went blank and I was walking more automatically as I recalled from it I realised I was about to walk into a street. And it’s been going on for a day now, I just see an image, like a gif to be precise but I can’t decipher what’s going on in it, I just feel uncomfortable. I feel numb and my mind wanders of frequently. I think I have been assaulted by that boy, but it’s been so long ago I can’t remember clearly, I just remember pictures of scenes, and I don’t know how to cope with this. It’s been driving me insase this whole day I feel major anxiety and don’t know how to make it stop, or who to talk to, it’s a very touchy subject in my culture. Please help, how do I cope with this?

Images replaying... I get these experiences where I keep thinking about the same thing and it doesn't stop. Sometimes writing these thoughts down can help piece it all together. Can you safely keep writing about your experiences?

It can be scary when your mind goes blank, there are times when I walk around and find myself somewhere else like that too. Do you have someone you can trust to talk to even though this is a touchy subject?

First of all, welcome to the Forums.

Have you studied or been taught grounding techniques? If not, Google these and try them until you find the ones that help you most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back