• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Need Help - Husband Cheating

I have ptsd, social anxiety disorder, and personally disorder. I have alot of issues with relationships. My husband of 3 years is cheating on me. He even brought her into our bed while I was at work, I found her socks in my bed, and I have messages between them with him asking if he could come pick her up and bring her to my home I pay for. He says I'm looking too much into it, but as crazy as I am, I know I'm not. I can't sleep. I had to quit my job and haven't been able to do much of anything, this is literally making me lose my mind and myself completely. I have no friends or family to turn to, and can't make any friends because I don't trust anyone and think everyone is out to get me. I can't live like this

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. Are you taking medication for your disorders and are you seeing a therapist? Unfortunately, your husband's cheating is probably causing much anxiety and self-doubt and may be even making your disorders worse.
If your husband is cheating, it means he doesn't care about you and will continue to do it again. Most men cheat because they like variety and want something fresh, new and exciting. Lust brings on many exciting feelings and he cares more about his lustful feelings than being true to you. Unfortunately, your marriage can't survive when a spouse cheats as the bonds of trust have been broken. Most men who cheat will repeat the act. Can you leave and start a new life on your own? You need someone to talk to help you get through this.

I have had severe depression all my life and I have learned to manage it by not engaging or arguing with the depression. One thing that helps me is to meditate. There are wonderful resources on the internet. Mental disorders are bullies and thy want to drag you down and take advantage of you. You don' have to let them rob you of your joy. Live by your values and principles and always do what you know to be right.
It is helpful to write your upsetting thoughts in a journal. That helps to get the crap out of your head so that you are not obsessing about it so much. I can tell that you are a wonderful person. You will get through this.

I have ptsd, social anxiety disorder, and personally disorder. I have alot of issues with relationships. My husband of 3 years is cheating on me. He even brought her into our bed while I was at work, I found her socks in my bed, and I have messages between them with him asking if he could come pick her up and bring her to my home I pay for. He says I'm looking too much into it, but as crazy as I am, I know I'm not. I can't sleep. I had to quit my job and haven't been able to do much of anything, this is literally making me lose my mind and myself completely. I have no friends or family to turn to, and can't make any friends because I don't trust anyone and think everyone is out to get me. I can't live like this

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. Are you taking medication for your disorders and are you seeing a therapist? Unfortunately, your husband's cheating is probably causing much anxiety and self-doubt and may be even making your disorders worse.
If your husband is cheating, it means he doesn't care about you and will continue to do it again. Most men cheat because they like variety and want something fresh, new and exciting. Lust brings on many exciting feelings and he cares more about his lustful feelings than being true to you. Unfortunately, your marriage can't survive when a spouse cheats as the bonds of trust have been broken. Most men who cheat will repeat the act. Can you leave and start a new life on your own? You need someone to talk to help you get through this.

I have had severe depression all my life and I have learned to manage it by not engaging or arguing with the depression. One thing that helps me is to meditate. There are wonderful resources on the internet. Mental disorders are bullies and thy want to drag you down and take advantage of you. You don' have to let them rob you of your joy. Live by your values and principles and always do what you know to be right.
It is helpful to write your upsetting thoughts in a journal. That helps to get the crap out of your head so that you are not obsessing about it so much. I can tell that you are a wonderful person. You will get through this.
No not on any medication and I have not seen a therapist in a few years and leaving really isn't an option unless I plan on being homeless and alone and even more scared

I strongly suggest making a list of plans as this will help you feel like you are working towards a goal to make your life better. Even small senses of accomplishment can be motivating as you move towards a larger goal.

Do you want to leave him? If so, make a list of what you need to do. Can you go back to work? Do you think therapy would be a good step at this point? I have never left a guy I was living with, but I know other women here have and could help you make a list of steps you need to take, should you want this kind of help.

I would go to therapy but my last therapist was fired that's y I quit going it's hard for me to open up to anyone and when she was fired I lost hope of finding help with therapy. I'm fighting myself on rather I want to leave I love him more then I probably should and being alone is more scary then staying but I'm loosing myself completely I'm not who I used to be and I know most of my new issues come from this relationship but I'm not starting over with anyone else just to be hurt the same way again just by a different person and no I don't think I can work I tried to work because I had no choice ended up only making it a few months before my anxiety got the best of me and lost it at work I can't handle public places and people make me so nervous I always feel like everyone is out to get me in some way. I do know if things don't change I won't be able to get out of bed at all I'm at the very edge of a total mental break

So, if he is cheating now, he will continue. And his attitude toward you

He says I'm looking too much into it,
just reinforces that.
I'm fighting myself on rather I want to leave I love him more then I probably should and being alone is more scary then staying
I'm wondering if what you're feeling is really love or if it's more of an attachment because the love was there at some point? I mean, I get seriously attached to men that I'd likely marry if asked, but it's because *someone* showed an interest and a willingness to be with me.

I know these men are NOT men I should marry. Because it would be for the wrong reason.

If you decide you want to leave at some point, you could start now preparing. Find a therapist, to work on this:

I don't think I can work I tried to work because I had no choice ended up only making it a few months before my anxiety got the best of me
and this:
I can't handle public places and people make me so nervous I always feel like everyone is out to get me in some way

There are jobs you can do that require very little other-people contact, and tons of jobs you can do at home.

Back