• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Need Help to begin overcoming fantasy addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello On my trauma recovery journey i have identified most of my life I have been a fantasy addict. as a child it was a way of disscociating from the circumstances. Feels tricky though its not like you can go to a fantasy addicts anon meeting and how do i cope when it is my own mind i am addicted to ...a bit hard to abstain from completlyey ha ha. i am feeling a lot of greif coming up already as i hate my reality i find it very sad and brutal..i loved my fantasy worlds were everything was what reality is not. it feels like i am at the start of a tough journey. hard to do all alone

Are you referring to maladaptive daydreaming? If so, it’s a completely normal trauma response. You won’t be able to treat it without treating your trauma though. Gotta treat the root first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back