• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Need Someone To Talk To - Scared And Angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

nacatt

New Here
This is new and scary for me. I have isolated myself because of PTSD and the anxiety I feel seems to never end. Medication didn't work. Counseling didn't either. I wanted to drink it away, but that makes it far worse. I feel alone. I have pushed everyone except 1 person from my life. I think this person doesn't know what to do. I'm not a depressing person. Just scared or angry all of the time. Any suggestions would be helpful. Also, maybe I'm negative right now because the anniversary of the incident will be 6 years ago on May 25th. Thanks for listening.:dont-know

Hi nacatt,

Welcome. Well, this is a good place to be to try to figure out what you need to do and get some support at the same time.

Sounds like it's rough for you at the moment. Anniversaries are never good for most either.

Medication I believe is a funny one - can relieve symptoms, but with PTSD, it is mainly a psychological problem needing dealing with psychologically. Medication can help, but I believe really there needs to be psychological help alongside it.

Also, PTSD sufferers often find counselling doesn't work to begin with. The counsellor may not be right for you, the approach may not be right for your specific issues, or you may not have continued because it got too intense. Often it can be one of those. I am 22 and I have had three or four therapists, on my fifth now, and used to be under both child and adult mental health teams (psychiatrists etc.). It is only now that I have gone to counselling specifically FOR the affects of PTSD, rather than all the secondary problems it gave me, but before this, none of them even suggested it might be PTSD related, apart from one who had PTSD herself.

Don't give up. There is a LOT of information here, and people are always around to give advice, suggestions and support.

I relate to always feeling scared, it's really miserable (understatement!). But this place has given me hope as I have seen people overcome things, and I hope that it will for you too.

See you around,

Lisa.

Hi Nacatt, welcome to the forum. What you mention is nothing new to those of us with PTSD, and you should not be frightened of what you feel in regards to your anniversary, instead face it, don't fear it. PTSD feeds from fear, the very fear we uniquely create within our minds towards trauma. To be feared is to continue being ill, where to face your fear and stare your trauma down to where you no longer fear it, instead embrace it for what it was and that you have survived, you can beat this fear, not continue getting ill from it.

Our mental approach to beating PTSD is the majority of the battle, and the sooner you no longer fear your past, fear your trauma, the sooner you will see a more radical improvement within your own day to day being. Its a big step, and it doesn't change over-night, but it does happen within months of pulling apart your trauma, and coming to terms with what happened, beating the fear as such...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back