• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Need To Get Angry And Move On

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

MyPTSD Pro
Had what I thought was a good relationship with my therapist........went from her oversharing, stuff even about her home life she wasn't happy about (that bothered me and made me consider what to/not to share), oversharing details about other clients (made me wonder if she was sharing my stuff in as much detail), sloppy finances, and frequent cancellations, with a number of same day cancellations.

It's an unnecessary loss....and I never really put my trust into any therapist until now. She knew this and never stopped to think about the Golden Rule. There is a huge hole where she was and I didn't want to be the one to walk away...but I did..and I'm so sad.
But I spose I'll line up another one.

Last edited:
It sounds like you made a very difficult but healthy choice. I’m sorry you had to be in that situation. Sounds like your t had bad boundaries and you did what was best for you. I had a t with bad boundaries a couple years ago and unfortunately it took me two years to be willing to try again. But be encouraged that there are healthy t out there that can help you heal. The t I have now is much more helpful and safe to talk to. It sounds like you dug deep and found the inner strength to make a needed change. I hope you are able to find a t who is a better fit soon!

I could feel in your writing how much this relationship meant to you and its deep loss but also your deep grief.
I am sorry. I had also terminated couple therapies and even though I was not as close as yours, I gained valuable introspection to my psyche.
It sounds to me you have a huge capacity to love and deeply care and I hope you see as one of the strength you gainef and learned in this loss.

It sounds like you made a very difficult but healthy choice. I’m sorry you had to be in that situation. Sounds like your t had bad boundaries and you did what was best for you. I had a t with bad boundaries a couple years ago and unfortunately it took me two years to be willing to try again. But be encouraged that there are healthy t out there that can help you heal. The t I have now is much more helpful and safe to talk to. It sounds like you dug deep and found the inner strength to make a needed change. I hope you are able to find a t who is a better fit soon!

Yeah....there is a lot of trepidation in considering resuming therapy.

I could feel in your writing how much this relationship meant to you and its deep loss but also your deep grief.
I am sorry. I had also terminated couple therapies and even though I was not as close as yours, I gained valuable introspection to my psyche.
It sounds to me you have a huge capacity to love and deeply care and I hope you see as one of the strength you gainef and learned in this loss.

I have had lots of loss in the past two years. I don't know why she didn't have the common sense (or concern) to know that her behavior was just going to create another barrier to trusting relationships....and more grief.
I really just don't get what happened. Thanks, I read that this morning on my phone, and cried....Thanks.

It is hard to find a good relationship between counselor and ourselves. Many of them are in it to figure themselves out, sadly and are a mess too. Keep looking, also another place to look for one is at a church near you, many offer it free. Another thing that helps us a lot is volunteering. It helps us as we help others and fills our love bucket. What is your passion, who do you want to help? You will find that is very beneficial and you will find friends there too. Another thing that helps is taking magnesium and ginseng. They calm the mind body and spirit and get rid of sticky negative thoughts. Best to you! <3

@KimmyO Thanks for responding. I do the magnesium @night to help me sleep...but ginsing sounds like a good thing to try. I have no appetite....and I'm trying to keep calories and nutrition in mind. I have an affiliation with UU church, but that pastor isn't much on this kinda counseling.

I gave a away a small educational business, to a friend who also had educational related trauma, and I help her out...we worked together in a very toxic environment....getting together helps. I tutor another older lady to play an instrument.....I'm not good at it....but she's worse kinda thing-that's helpful.

My thread "Need to get angry and move on"....I feel stuck after being betrayed. I think I'm numb, cause when I stop for a while....the feelings creep back in....then I start to well up....and that's it.....but there is anger underneath......but I'm so hurt, it's not happening and getting angry just upsets me more and then I get so wired up....I end up talking to myself for long periods and looping...while alone. Sigh.....it could be worse, and life has been much worse than this....so I need to locate and count my blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back