• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Nervous about seeing T in person

Status
Not open for further replies.

FauxLiz

Sponsor
My T temporarily relocated for the fall semester and we have been meeting via teletherapy while he was gone. He has now returned and beginning this next week we will be meeting in person again and I am nervous about it. I didn't think that I would be comfortable with teletherapy as I had attempted it with a previous therapist and it was a major disaster but things actually went pretty well.

The thing is the idea of seeing him in person again has me tied up in knots. It will be a lot harder to mask body language in person and we have been doing a lot of really intensive work as crazy as that sounds and I know it will most likely get harder in person again but also it will be harder to hide my anxiety.

Hey @FauxLiz - I guess by now you have had your appointment? I hope it went well and the trepidation you felt about seeing your T in person is now diminished.

I just wanted to let you know that hiding your anxiety from your T is not ideal. I mean I get what you mean but your T is probably one of the few people you can actually reveal your anxiety too and still be in a safe and supported place?

I'm really pleased the teletherapy has been worthwhile for you. When I've lived in remote places I too have used it and it becomes very normal in most respects. It's very handy indeed not having to travel long distances to get help.

So it has been a long few weeks and I appreciate the input. Today was actually the first time I met with my T in person since August. We were supposed to meet in person two weeks ago but I had car trouble so we had a tele-session and then last week I was out of town so we had already scheduled a tele-session. So tonight was weird. I have been in a downward spiral for the last few days not because of therapy but general bad time of the year and a "milestone" birthday later this month that has me questioning what is the point of life? I won't say that I haven't been struggling with SI because I have I question what possibly could the future hold that is worth continuing for an indefinite period of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back