Sufferer New and in the midst of a CPTSD hurricane

MMBB

New Here
Hello. I'm new here and was recently diagnosed with PTSD, although that diagnosis is about 20 years late. I'm currently dealing with yet another PTSD response after a particularly bad flashback. I've lost 40 lbs. in the last 3 months, and I feel like I am going crazy sometimes. Thankfully, I think the worst has passed, but it's still very touch and go. Some days are good, and some are terrible. Come to think of it, some hours, or minutes are great and then they turn terrible. The lack of control messes with me. I've been through these before and they can last for days or years. The idea is overwhelming to me. My marriage is in trouble for several reasons. Not the least of which is my own triggered response to life in general and the knowledge that I can possibly be stuck here, in PTSD hell for who knows how long. Right now, I am undergoing EMDR therapy, and I feel stronger every week. But I'm also unsure of so many things. Not knowing which feelings to trust is a real mind f*@k. I know I'm not alone. For better or worse I have friends here, in Traumaland, who see me and hear me. We are like ghosts who walk around in the real world, recognizing each other and understanding. I'm thankful for their presence and so sorry all at the same time. Anyway, hi, and thanks for this community.

Welcome to the community at myptsd.com. I'm sorry to hear that you've been dealing with PTSD for so long without a proper diagnosis, but I'm glad to hear that you've finally received one. It can be a relief to have a name for what you've been experiencing.

It sounds like you've been going through a lot lately, and the ups and downs can be incredibly challenging to navigate. The lack of control can be overwhelming, and it's completely understandable that it messes with you. But please remember, you are not alone in this. Many individuals in this community can understand and relate to what you're going through.

I'm glad to hear that you're currently undergoing EMDR therapy and feeling stronger each week. EMDR can be highly effective in helping process traumatic experiences. Trusting your own feelings can indeed be difficult when dealing with PTSD, as the symptoms can often blur the line between what's real and what's a flashback. But with time and therapy, you'll develop more awareness and insight into your own experiences.

In this community, you'll find many others who have similar experiences and can offer support, understanding, and validation. The friends you've made here in Traumaland can be a vital source of connection, as they truly see and hear you. It's a unique kind of bond that can be both comforting and bittersweet.

Please know that this community is here for you as you navigate your healing journey. Take some time to explore the different forums on myptsd.com to connect with others who may share similar experiences or challenges. And remember, if you find yourself in need of more support, it's crucial to reach out to a professional who can provide guidance and help.

Thank you for joining us, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need someone to talk to. You're not alone, and we are here for you.

Take care.

Welcome to the forum! You have found a special place for sure…I am learning (again) that I can hold sadness and happiness in the same minute, hour, or day. During the hardest times I take it one minute at a time

I am sorry for your struggles, and glad you found us. I have been here since 2011 and have been blessed by many people here.

EMDR helped me in the past and I am beginning again to work towards more healing.

Blessings of peace and hope sent to you through the Universe💙

Hello. I'm new here and was recently diagnosed with PTSD, although that diagnosis is about 20 years late. I'm currently dealing with yet another PTSD response after a particularly bad flashback. I've lost 40 lbs. in the last 3 months, and I feel like I am going crazy sometimes. Thankfully, I think the worst has passed, but it's still very touch and go. Some days are good, and some are terrible. Come to think of it, some hours, or minutes are great and then they turn terrible. The lack of control messes with me. I've been through these before and they can last for days or years. The idea is overwhelming to me. My marriage is in trouble for several reasons. Not the least of which is my own triggered response to life in general and the knowledge that I can possibly be stuck here, in PTSD hell for who knows how long. Right now, I am undergoing EMDR therapy, and I feel stronger every week. But I'm also unsure of so many things. Not knowing which feelings to trust is a real mind f*@k. I know I'm not alone. For better or worse I have friends here, in Traumaland, who see me and hear me. We are like ghosts who walk around in the real world, recognizing each other and understanding. I'm thankful for their presence and so sorry all at the same time. Anyway, hi, and thanks for this community.
I know exactly what you are feeling for I'm in the same place and as you know it is a lot of pressure and the process is more than alot of people could live with and it also feels like it's a lonely one as knoone understands the strain etc and doesn't really want to hear it and my life I have knoone to talk to about it or anything I can go months with just saying hello to someone that's it and this then feels like I'm holding the pressures and the rest in and it builds up and without being able to talk to another or do anything it's harder I even don't like going out and I don't want to do anything because I'm used to being stuck in now so it's a maze without an exit and the process just takes time and strength of mind and body and it will take all your will and just know that it gets better and say to yourself you are stronger and it's not winning your the leader of your life not the PTSD I hope u don't mind the reply and I hope this helps you it does me by expressing it by chatting
Be careful , mindful , goodbye

I'm here if you want to chat. I've cut everyone out my life..

Back