• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer New and Struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, my name’s Dandelion. I’m diagnosed with PTSD, autism, ADHD, generalized anxiety disorder and persistent depressive disorder. I’ve been in therapy for a number of years, and am just starting fresh with a new therapist after leaving my old one for being a bad fit. After what feels like a year-long hiatus from real therapy work while I worked with the bad therapist, I’m ready to start doing some real trauma work again, but at the same time, I’m terrified. I’ve been in therapy for almost eight years, being bounced for one reason and another through six different therapists, and in all that time, I’ve never been able to truly look my trauma in the face. I can’t even talk about it; I literally freeze and can’t speak when the subject is broached. I really want to make progress, but I don’t know how to if every time I’m faced with anything that remotely reminds me of the trauma, I run away.

Anyway, sorry this got long, I guess I had more to say than I realized. I look forward to meeting you all and getting to know everyone in the community, and hopefully learning a few coping skills in the process.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry you've been having trouble finding the right fit with a therapist. I can relate - it took years to find my current treatment team. Hang in there, things get easier.

For me, it certainly wasn't 'years wasted'. I was still able to learn a lot of coping skills along the way, even with Ts who had very little benefit.

Hope you find this forum to be a helpful resource with your recovery.

Welcome to the forum. There are many topics and threads here that you may find beneficial. Not being ready to talk about your trauma is normal in many cases. So be patient with yourself.

Hope you find the information and the people here understanding and supportive. I certainly have.

Glad you found us, sorry for the reasons.

Welcome to the forum. Talk about what you want to. There are many who have lots of experience here. It's a wonderful community.
Don't miss the Social section. It's like hanging out with friends without things getting all peopley. Plus there is a chat thread to just hang out in when you can't sleep.

Can I ask where is the
1) Social section
2) and thread to hang out when you can't sleep?
The social forums are here, and if you're anything like me, there's a whole stack of threads to chill out in when insomnia bites.

The specific thread you've asked about is here. Keeping in mind that this is an international forum and some people are getting up when you're going to bed, there's also a general chat thread which is stickied at the top of the Social Forum.

If you ever have questions about the forum, don't be shy about sending us your questions using Contact Us, which is down the bottom of every page. Questions can very easily get lost in threads, but direct messages to Contact Us never get lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back