• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

MDD New diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

disenchanted

Confident
I know this has probably been going on for years but I'm seeing a new therapist for the first time in more than ten years and she's added Major Depressive Disorder Severe on to the PTSD.

I'm trying to tell myself nothing has changed, I've been this way for a long time but I feel sad, and somehow, more lonley.

Depression is a huge component of PTSD, and it's one of my worst symptoms....I wouldn't let it bother you, because it is part and parcel to PTSD......

Hey my therapist told me I had PTSD, Ajustment disorder with anxious features and
depression.
So I fired her and i feel alot better lol.
See ya
Fire.

I know this has probably been going on for years ...
...and she's added Major Depressive Disorder Severe on to the PTSD.

I'm trying to tell myself nothing has changed, I've been this way for a long time but I feel sad, and somehow, more lonley.

It is hard disenchanted, it has been going on and I don't think she added the depressive disorder; like She Cat said you have PTSD and that can come with it, I know it has been a factor for me too. So try again to let go of that tag or label, it is just a part it is not the totality who you are. In time you will be able to manage this also. Beacuse as you work on the PTSD and cause, the symptoms will HOPEfully CALM. Believe.

You are not alone in this. And I think that in showing understanding and acceptance of how things have been you are begining to accept the challenge and in that perhaps things CAN CHANGE, they will do-try to believe that and maybe IT IS changing for you NOW.

take care and keep trying, I believe things will get better, because I BELIEVE they can.

~fin

and firehouse ~ you are funny...it is good to see you

Thank you for the support, it really, really helps. It's a great combination of caring and laughter, puts things in perspective.

I guess since everything's gone to shit lately I'm feeling rather sorry for myself. Bad habit.

Once I find my feet again, solid ground, I'll feel better.

Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back