• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New direction for work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle3

MyPTSD Pro
Since it seems like I can't find and keep any regular work (for lots of reasons), I've decided to go a different direction. I'm taking my Life Coaching work to an official level! I just started my certification courses and will be done sometime next week. My business website and Facebook pages are already live, and I have business cards that are actually getting passed out at networking meetings! This is a HUGE step for me, since I wouldn't have even planned to take this kind of step before intensive and prolonged therapy, but I'm doing it and feeling like I finally have a good direction to travel. Now to just get clients....

I've come to the realization that regular jobs don't like my having to have one day a week to take care of appointments related to my disability, bosses and I are NOT compatible, and I'm generally too overqualified to be considered for minimum-wage jobs that I would actually do ok at. So frustrating....us disabled college grads have to pay bills too!!

In other good news, my awesome T KICKED cancer's ASS and is looking at coming back to work in about 2-3 months. My new goal is to have enough income to start seeing him regularly again. I'm still looking for a regular job, but I know how iffy that is. I'm going to be working every avenue I know to get enough income to keep bills covered, see my T's, go to Aikido, and live a life worth living.

So keep working on healing as you can, each day is a day of progress! And healing IS possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back