• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New disability emojis

Status
Not open for further replies.
My disabilities are not visible, so I wish they would that says one is disabled, but does not say how. I prefer not to disclose how, to the majority of folks I meet, but would like to have something to show if a need to do so arose.

I dont like the idea because other companies will start making emoji stickers to represent what they think disabilities should be. It would be their interpretation and that can cause alot of pain if misused or even abused.

I am on spectrum and do not want to see what some corporation emojinize sufferers by a sticker spreading ignorance. Would they use an angry fearful cranky face with googly eyes wobbling in army helmet to represent TBI PTSD?
Or would they have a determined emoji riding a rollercoaster? Which may send the wrong message that we are have fun at themepark?

I think bad idea. However I am curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back