• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New Here - Assaulted By One Of My Students

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosered

New Here
Hi. I'm in NE Ohio. I've had severe PTSD for over four years. I taught middle school students with severe behavior disorders in the inner city and was assaulted by one of my students. I used to be confident, well organized and successful. Now, I'm afraid of just about everything and have no social relationships. I stay at home most of the time. I'm even having trouble relating to my grown children who I've always had great relationships with. Lately, I think that everyone thinks I'm useless and has no respect for me as a person. My siblings have no understanding for PTSD and just think I act weird now. I had cancer the year before I was assaulted at school. This , of course, was stressful and being afraid it will come back is not helping. I thought I was doing a bit better lately, but have been crying the last few days again and don't feel like doing the things I need to do.
:wall:
I've resisted taking medications and have been trying to recover without them. I've seen the same psychologist since the beginning of my PTSD symptoms, but have trouble driving to see him in the winter because of my fear of driving on the interstate when the weather is not perfectly clear.
I have never chatted or spoken to anyone who has PTSD and am looking forward to having others to relate to.:redface: Thanks for reading this post.

Hi rosered, welcome to the forum and glad you joined. I am impressed that you have taken the plunge to help yourself, by coming here, and that is a great start to your new beginning, if you want it bad enough. No trauma is nice, but the end result of those who end up with PTSD is the same, being our lives reflect one anothers... you could near take a snapshot of one's life and apply it across the board of sufferers. Look forward to chatting with you.

Hello Rose. I'm glad you've found us. I hope you find what you are looking for. Welcome aboard.

Hi Rose

Welcome to the forum.. I've been here for about 3 or 4 weeks now I guess.. its helped me more than anything else in the last year. Glad you found us.. there are so many great people here. :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back