• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

fern

Confident
I'm starting online orientation tomorrow for my new job in an organization that's been my goal to work at for a couple years.

The first 2 times I applied it didn't work out, but this time I was applying again after losing my job during the pandemic.
This time they were impressed enough to put me through for a position that wasn't even posted yet (a location closer to my home that almost never has openings because people love working there and don't leave often).
I'm very proud and excited.

It's a big accomplishment for me to land this job, and I'm really ready to get back to work. Being unemployed the past month and a half has been driving me up the wall. I work in a field that brings me a sense of meaning in what I do, and I'm looking forward to connecting with that again, as well as connecting with people I'll work with and having structure to my days.

Excellent! I am glad to hear that this new job was a goal you had been after for a while. That makes it even better.

Being unemployed the past month and a half has been driving me up the wall.

I have been unemployed since April. I have been plenty busy as things keep popping up but it is maddening.

Kudos to you for finding your way and best of luck with the new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back