Sufferer New Life - Managing PTSD & Depression After Childhood Abuse & Neglect

newlife

New Here
Hi Everyone I am new to this website and I am looking for support for the years of abuse and neglect I suffered as a child. I struggle to focus and stay motivated to function. I have good days and bad days. What are some of the ways you have learned to manage PTSD and the depression it brings?

ladee

MyPTSD Pro
Welcome @newlife! There are many threads about depression and of course many many about PTSD and all the other things we deal with.

Glad you are here. Sorry for what brought you to look for us, but people here will understand and support you.

talon

Confident
Hi Everyone I am new to this website and I am looking for support for the years of abuse and neglect I suffered as a child. I struggle to focus and stay motivated to function. I have good days and bad days. What are some of the ways you have learned to manage PTSD and the depression it brings?
the first thing we need to understand is that we all have good days bad days so you are not alone. I can identify with your pain but the best revenge is to get better. If your abuser;s are no more or can no longer harm you then don't allow them to continue to control the mind if your body has healed . Share your feelings when you are ready to do so and release all that which troubles you and taste the freedom of letting go of the past