• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New physical problems

• Thread starter Deleted member 44579
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 44579

Hi.... Before my anniversary and now after Ive experienced migraines.... I have never had these before in my life....

A couple of years ago a skin rash appeared on the back of my neck... It was huge and extremely painful... Again this was around my anniversary... It took months to get rid of it. No doctor could tell me why this happened....

Do you ever get new physical symptoms associated with your anniversary?... Or ptsd..... I guess it might be due to the extreme stress are bodies are under?... It's the only theory I have?.... Any ideas

Stress can manifest in all sorts of ways, definitely i'd think it could have caused the rash you had. Doctors aren't really taught about the human body properly..mines didn't think there was a link with iron levels and blood sugar levels for example... but there is..diabetes anemia - Bing

Do you ever get new physical symptoms associated with your anniversary?... Or ptsd..... I guess it might be due to the extreme stress are bodies are under?.

I spoke to my Psychiatrist about some vision trouble I was having while in a very heightened, panicked, stressful moment during my recent evaluation with him. He said it was likely somatization, and in my case under that umbrella, conversion disorder. I know enough to sound stupid on the topic but the mind can create real physical symptoms.

I have no idea what to do about it though as my attempt at "recovery" is really just beginning.

Hi @LilLynx I agree its that mind body thing.. Docs only seem to solve the symptoms... But can't tell you why it happens in the first place... I'm going to get my eyes tested to rule that out....

Hi @MrMoonlight... I agree the mind can and does create real horrible physical symptoms...

Thats the thing how to fix it.... Big hugs on your recovery... Time, patience and this very supportive group.... Big hugs

Last edited by a moderator:
@Xena Most of my physical symptoms have either gone or have reduced greatly because of the hard work I’ve done with trying to heal from PTSD. When I’m super stressed then health symptoms return....

Hi Xena,
Awhile ago I posted a thread called something like “anyone else have random physical symptoms?”. It was just one thing after another. Mine didn’t show upon any anniversaries, but they were equally frustrating because doctors couldn’t do anything.
I have been able to improve my physical symptoms a lot by doing something called Body Code. It’s a bit out there and it’s not western medicine, so I’m always reluctant to share about it on this site, but it has really helped me. I also use it as some therapy since it’s common that one event will be approached from many different directions and it helps me accept the massive impact certain things have had on my life. I’m sure there are some quack Body Code practitioners out there, but if you can find a good one, it might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back