• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New To PTSD, Feeling a Little Lost - Husband Has Chronic PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnerbunny

New Here
Hello,

Not really sure where to start.
My husband was diagnosed with delayed onset chronic PTSD about 6 months ago and I have found the whole thing very overwhelming. He had served almost two years in Iraq and Afganistan before we were married.
Living in Japan, a world away from all of my family, has made me feel very alone.
On the good side, my husband is receiving really good care here and we are hopeful about being able to return to the States sometime next year.
Right now I am just feeling a little lost, this is all so new and terrifying to me sometimes.
By learning more about PTSD and talking with others who are in the same situation I am, I am hoping to be able to over come all these fears and doubts.

Welcome to the forum GB, glad you joined. There is certainly no shortage of spouse support here now, which means you have plenty to chat with that live on the same side of PTSD as yourself. Look forward to chatting with you.

hey, gunnerb, welcome. i am glad your husband is getting good care. this is a great place to find info that is actually helpful.
cathy

Welcome Gunnerbunny,
There is more than enough support in this forum for spouses :) help yourself.... hope to talk to you soon...my hubby is military as well

hello too

:loopy: :cool:hi there _ just to say you are in a good place to learn and get advice and perhaps give others insight into the behaviour of our loved ones> happy new year to you>

A good holiday

I was really nervous about New Year's eve. I wasn't sure what he would be up to. We used to go out and well party pretty heavily for New Year's.
This year however, we decided to stay at home because he wasn't feeling well(the new meds he is on really mess him up:fart-face) and it was rainy.
We had take out, Japanese food (go figure, we live in Japan:biggrin:), lit some sparklers and played with the dogs. :poke:
We managed to stay up until 1:30am which we haven't done in a while and watched Carlos Mencia's Not for the Easily Offended.:rofl:
I have to say, if you are feeling down and are not easily offended, that is the funniest thing I have ever seen. It made us both laugh so hard. I haven't heard the hubby laugh like that in a really long time. It made me feel so happy that he felt that good even if it was only a short time.
I hope you all had a great New Year's(or will have depending on where you live.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back