• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

New York Bound - Won't Be On Whilst Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portabella

MyPTSD Pro
11 days and counting!!!! We leave on Monday the 2nd of July and will be back on the 14th, won't be on at all during that time, but will have plenty to say when I get back. I am anxious, but excited. :loopy:

Best wishes for your trip Portabella. Evie enjoyed London immensely. Hope you have similar good experiences.

Jim.

I am just looking forward to smelling the salt air again....sounds silly doesn't it. I miss my family too. I love the seafood there too. The ocean....sharks....ferries......waves.....shrimp.....tiger lilies......etc....etc....etc....
I guess N.Y. will always be home.

That is great, where to in NY? I grew up in Florida, South Florida, my parents just bought retirement land in Hawaii on the big island so this Christmas will probably be our last in Florida. That is OK, it isn't the same town I grew up in anymore and we will be on the ocean still, just the Pacific instead of the Atlantic. I too miss the salt air, there is something about it, and walking on the beach at night, one of my favorites.

Have fun, I am too big a chicken. Hope you post some pics!

I will be staying in a town called Greenlawn, it is in Suffolk County Long Island.
I am only apprehensive about taking the subways with my 6 y.o. I will have a strong splint on my arm and so plan on chaining him to me. I am using a dog leash for the bus travel, run it through his belt loops and mine with about a 2 ft lead between us. That way I can sleep and no one could take him off the bus without taking me. Paranoid, yes!!!! Good reason, yes!!! As long as I was woke up not concerned, have faith in my abilities to defend us. I have been through massive training and am a little spitfire.

Long Island, nice. I had some friends in College from there. I have fond memories of flying into Islip airport on a nice icy night, hoping we wouldn't slide off the end of the runway but we didn't and I made it to time square the next day to watch the ball drop, pretty cool.

You are brave taking the bus, I never have done that don't think i will either I prefer to fly. Hope all goes well.

I am scared to death of flying. I made a promise to God during a bad flight in 1986 and have yet to fly again and break my promise. I am not a religious person sadly, but I made a promise! My son said that if I went to a priest he may be able to allow me to break the promise, I would like to fly again someday or should I say be able to in an emergency. That promise looms heavy.

6 days and counting!!!!! I am getting very nervous and anxious. This is going to be a long week!!!!!!

Good luck to you Portabella, hope your week is bearable. Take good care, try to get enough rest.

Jim.

5 days to go!!! Got out my duffel and went snack shopping today. Got beef sticks for the little one and peanutbutter and breadsticks, tuna, and vienna sausages. Oh yeah, getting anxious for sure.

Well my son's girlfriend Ariel was nice enough to let me use her luggage as it has a handle and rollers. So, today I need to unpack my duffel and move it into the new luggage. With my arm this will make it easier on me. I went and got my nails done yesterday, the lady that does them was laughing at me, I normal get a "french" manicure and yesterday I had her do them red, white and blue. They are nice for the holiday and my son was overjoyed, he loves them. My mom advised me that I don't have to carry my son's life vest as she will purchase him one when we get there, as broken arm or not I am a water rat. Or a beach bum which ever you prefer. I love the ocean.

I had a severe headache yesterday, and sadly have one coming on now.

I have 4 days and counting and I am getting very very nervous now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back