• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Undiagnosed Newbie - learning/growing working through dysfunctional family dynamics/going no contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I'm happy to be here. I have a history of multi-faceted parental abuse with emotionally abusive/neglect/religious undertones and working through the ways its effects have shown up in my life... contributed to my behavior patterns....unlearning unsupportive habits and learning how to love myself more. Hoping to learn tools from others and share my experiences in hopes it will help others as well.

hello @couragetogrow. welcome to the forum.

i'm happy to hear you are learning as you unlearn. one of the bigger problems i ran into during my early years of unlearning the dysfunctional behavior of my childhood is that nature abhors a void. as quickly as i could unlearn one dysfunctional habit, another dysfunctional habit was already rushing in to fill the void. some of the new habits were even more dysfunctional than the habits i had unlearned. my real progress did not begin until i started learning more functional habits while i was unlearning the old.

steadying support while you study.

hello @couragetogrow. welcome to the forum.

i'm happy to hear you are learning as you unlearn. one of the bigger problems i ran into during my early years of unlearning the dysfunctional behavior of my childhood is that nature abhors a void. as quickly as i could unlearn one dysfunctional habit, another dysfunctional habit was already rushing in to fill the void. some of the new habits were even more dysfunctional than the habits i had unlearned. my real progress did not begin until i started learning more functional habits while i was unlearning the old.

steadying support while you study.
This!!! Thank you

Welcome @couragetogrow. I started at a pretty young age to "undo" the damage of a dysfunctional homelife and I commend you for getting the help you need. This is a great resource, I hope you find what you need here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back