• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Newfoundland & Labrador / Curacao, Netherlands Antilles

Status
Not open for further replies.

batgirl

MyPTSD Pro
This is jointly for myself and my parents, usernames Jim and Kathy. We live on an acreage on the Bonavista Peninsula. Anyone from NL is welcome to contact us, those with PTSD and family members. Even if you're visiting the area as a tourist, give us a shout. You can have tea with us and we'll show you around our part of the Rock. PM Jim or Kathy to initiate contact.

I have updated this to include also our new winter home in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles. As we have just purchased the property, this winter we are still in Newfoundland, however we will be in Curacao for approximately 6 months out of the year henceforth. At a rough guess, we will likely be spending the warmer months (May-September) in Newfoundland and the colder months (October-April) in Curacao. All are most welcome to meet with us in either location. Please PM myself to make certain where we are at any given time!

Oooh! Now that you have 2 residences it is very tempting to change our holiday dates and come in December when we can stay longer. It would mean that we would have to suffer staying in Curacao but I'm sure that wouldn't be that bad LOL

Curacao is awesome!! I am really missing it right now, because it's super cold here. -13 C and wind.

Well actually, not that cold in comparison to Saskatchewan, where I used to live, but Saskatchewan is pretty hellish with -40 C and the windchill.

I must admit I am getting rather tired of the cold as well. Though as Canadians we are quite tough and used to dealing with the elements. As I get older though I find each winter a little more trying than the last.

Kathy, Evie (batgirl) and myself are now permanently in the Netherlands Antilles, due to my wife's health. Only returning to Newfoundland for brief visits. Do please contact us though if you are coming to Curacao, Bonaire or Aruba. Good to meet you.

Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back